ZooGue case revealed

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by vynn, Jun 7, 2010.

1. macrumors member

2. macrumors 6502

Still no pictures on the web site. Gawd that video is annoying. Slow things down and let us see the %#$& case! And that music is not hip or catchy - it is unnecessary and distracting. As for the 2nd video: More than a little too infomercial-ly. Sham-wow....

3. macrumors 65816

Zepaw

I'm gonna hope the infomercialness is a bit of a joke because it is quite comical. Seems a bit like a case or two I have seen on Amazon. Not something I will jumping to spend $50 on. Happy Owl Wallet however... :)

4. macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

ShamWOW :D

[​IMG]

5. macrumors regular

arcangel6

Great pic but I don't think that was the guy he was emulating. I'd like to see a more serious video from ZooGue discussing and demonstrating the functionality of the case. I despise the slick infomercial format....yes I know they sell product but the demographics for an iPad are likely different than a veg-o-matic.

Some of my observations based only on the videos and images posted online:

-The case looks well made based on the photos but I look forward to some hands-on comments.

-I does appear to deliver on the 'any angle at any time thing'.*

-One of the things folks mention LOTS here is the added footprint. The ZooGue (based on the video and images) seems to add substantial thickness. However, I imagine the iPad would be well protected within the case.

-The size of the flap/kickstand element appears to be a little big. Perhaps the functional demands require the size.

-I have mixed feelings about the elastic strap and the velcro on the case.

Any idea how much the case weighs without the iPad? The Piel Frama Agenda (magnetic closure) weighs in at 270.2g (9.53oz). HOWEVER, it is substantially more expensive and does not have all the functionality of the ZooGue.

*Please correct me if I am wrong but the 'any angle at any time thing' seems true for the 'landscape mode only'. This is not a negative comments just an observation. I would imagine the angle variance would be more necessary for the horizontal (i.e. landscape) position.

6. macrumors 6502

So the Velcro is on the outside and exposed whenever the case is closed? Don't know if I like that if that's the case. Just makes it easier for dirt/fuzz to stick to it, and would be afraid to put it on my couch or anything upside down where the Velcro could pull at the fabric.

7. macrumors regular

arcangel6

You will see an image of the fully closed case in this video at 17 seconds in:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTlfCDBlOTU

8. macrumors 68040

peapody

Somehow I don't really have confidence in that developer..

Looks like any other case but has an additional strap.

9. Guest

i am less than impressed with his website. if you click the about us link, you'll see what i mean. why put that nonsense on your website?

10. macrumors 65816

I think it looks promising. Would love to see one in-person.

11. macrumors 604

mcdj

I won't buy it on principle alone. The name has to be the worst one ever. And what's with the giant Halo knockoff logo? What the heck does ZooGue even mean or refer to? All I think of when I see the name is a big steaming pile of elephant turds....zoo goo.

If the case quality is anything like the guy's marketing skills, it will likely fall apart.

12. macrumors regular

arcangel6

As I previously stated I am not crazy about the infomercial clip but I can't make a judgment about the product or its quality from the stuff online. He is just one guy who acted on an idea. He put his money where his mouth is and seems to have gotten it done. I can respect that and will be definitely be ordering one of his cases in the near future. I wish him well and truly hope he fulfills his own rags-to-riches story. The American Dream......

13. thread starter macrumors member

14. macrumors regular

Uh...I was expected more 'wow'

15. macrumors 6502

It's the first one that I have seen that can attach to a car seat --- would like the feature fir the kids pad but probably not at 50.

16. macrumors 6502

I like the case but I don't like the huge (.ZooGue.) logo on the front and back. I'll stick with my PDair case which has no logos on the front or back.

17. macrumors 6502

Yeah , that GIANT logo is all I need to see to known that I would never buy one regardless of functionality. I prefer no logo at all on my cases etc - but if it has to be there then it needs to be as small as possible and definitely no more than one.

18. macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

So what you're saying is that you don't want to be sponsored when you actually have to be the one paying :p

19. macrumors member

looks nice .. the huge logos give it a bit texture, but i could live without them bth :) it looks (i dont know if it actually is) slimmer than the incase jacket while offering similar functionality

20. Guest

lots of newbie supporters.

21. macrumors 6502a

meh

22. macrumors 65816

Hammie

I like the concept of some of the design but the case overall is FUGLY!!!!

Also, velcro on the outside is a FAIL!

I have two school age kids and the velcro on their book bags are filled wi th fuzz and dirt and god knows what else. I can't see that case looking good after a week or two.

And don't get me started with the huge rubber logo. Really cheapens the look of it.

23. macrumors newbie

haahaha

Who does this kid think he is ..........Billy Mays............ in his infomercial. Tim just go back to flipping burgers you loser......these big companies will chew you up and spit you out.

24. macrumors newbie

Seriously?:confused: Nice insulting and needlessly mean-spirited first post.

Whether you like his product/presentation or not, at least he has made an effort to create something.

25. macrumors regular