Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fairoasis

macrumors member
Original poster
May 5, 2010
Just got my ZooGue case. I love it!!! Excellent build quality, functionality, and looks. Adds some bulk, but the protection is wonderful. So glad I purchased this case. Thanks for a great product.

fairoasis

macrumors member
Original poster
May 5, 2010
Daughter just saw it. Will be ordering two more...one for her and another for son.

patp

Apr 10, 2008
Wow. This is bad bad Internet marketing. If the product stands on its own why create these fake reviews and threads and forum users?

I saw thru this weeks ago. Newbies all praising a new case. No other history on the forum besides praising this new great case.

papa1

macrumors newbie
Jun 27, 2010
patp said:
Wow. This is bad bad Internet marketing. If the product stands on its own why create these fake reviews and threads and forum users?

I saw thru this weeks ago. Newbies all praising a new case. No other history on the forum besides praising this new great case.

It is a great case. At least I like it.

sracer

macrumors G4
Apr 9, 2010
where hip is spoken
It is a great case. At least I like it.
You are entitled to your opinion. In my opinion, it is no different than the cheap Chinese cases available on places like DealExtreme. The fact that the company/owner has exhibited deceptive practices means that even if the case was made of unicorn hide, I would not buy it.

papa1

macrumors newbie
Jun 27, 2010
You are entitled to your opinion. In my opinion, it is no different than the cheap Chinese cases available on places like DealExtreme. The fact that the company/owner has exhibited deceptive practices means that even if the case was made of unicorn hide, I would not buy it.

It a nice case, good price. /shrugs

I dont know about decpetive practices or forum hate, or unicorn hide..

haters be hating I guess.

Jsn

macrumors member
Feb 1, 2008
It a nice case, good price. /shrugs

I dont know about decpetive practices or forum hate, or unicorn hide..

haters be hating I guess.

The case itself is not in question. However, the owner of the company has been banned from this site, and a number of positive posts about his product have been eyebrow-raising in their provenance. Draw your own conclusions.

To dismiss that as "haters be hating" is to vastly oversimplify the legitimate concerns sracer raises. I'm glad that you like your case, but that refutes nothing: an item is not a company. Quality control, guarantees, returns, reliable shipping--those are all part of the relationship between seller and buyer. And if a seller has indulged in shady practices elsewhere in the business, such as in marketing, it's hard to trust them in these departments.

If there was any "hating" going on, I respectfully suggest it was on the part of the marketer trying to manipulate these forums.

iCheddar

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2007
South Dakota
Tim and his product have been very disappointing.

After stumbling across the first thread about it I was somewhat looking forward to his product, but he's just too shady. Doesn't show anyone the case for 2 months, makes these fake posts, and his case looks cheap and bulky.

Not only that but the sheer unprofessionalism he has displayed is what is the most disappointing. In the first Zoogue thread he was actually mocking and insulting his potential customers.

Fireproof!

macrumors 6502a
Dec 1, 2008
Frisco, TX
Tim and his product have been very disappointing.

After stumbling across the first thread about it I was somewhat looking forward to his product, but he's just too shady. Doesn't show anyone the case for 2 months, makes these fake posts, and his case looks cheap and bulky.

Not only that but the sheer unprofessionalism he has displayed is what is the most disappointing. In the first Zoogue thread he was actually mocking and insulting his potential customers.

Agreed. I had hoped to support an entrepreneur when I first learned of it, but it all quickly went downhill.

Daremo

macrumors 68020
Jul 3, 2007
Chicago
Well, I can tell you all, I am not Tim, nor am I affiliated with him, but I do have the case, and I did a review on it on my blog, and I have to say, the case is fantastic. Many may be put off by Tim, but the case is extremely well made. For what it's worth, I was sold once I got it in my hand.

robbojiggs

macrumors newbie
Jul 6, 2010
Wow, what a bunch of haters.....got my zoogue case and it KILLS the apple case. I came here to see other accessories and clicked in to read this nonsense it seems....so YA , IM A NEWBIE DEFENDING THE ZOOGUE CASE SO GET OVER IT....god its like you are all running a fortune 500 company or something, get over yourselves already....
1. You dont like the Zoogue site......so ********** what? He is doing his own thing, ill give you 25 sites that are worse.....
2. Self Promotion....k , so what if he does, would you not?? Sham Wow comparisons, gee, that is creative, not to mention the shamwow makes MILLIONS...why do you think you know the name Shamwow people?
3. As far as the guy getting banned, well whatever, shut it up at the source it seems.....
4. That guy took an idea , ran with it and came out with a product. Gave his life away to do it. YOu dont like it , why log in and say it? Just back off and dont buy it period. Done.
5. customer service second to none.....called owner 3 times as to delivery , got back to me within the HOUR each time and im up here in Ottawa, Canada by the way, i sell real estate, and have no affiliation with Zoogue....

The case works as advertised...period...oh , and as for the logo, remember that the next time you wear a polo shirt , nike shoes, drive any car, or do anything in your life for that matter, look at the advertising. Its everywhere....so get over it, you dont like the Zoogue name? Dont buy it then. You took the time to write about it so why is that? Because the damn thing intrigued you, thats why.
Again , i have NO affiliation with Zoogue, i work in Ottawa Canada as a real estate agent, and am just a little tired of watching NOBODYS knocking SOMEBODYS for trying something new.....you all need to take a break...Rob

sracer

macrumors G4
Apr 9, 2010
where hip is spoken
Wow, what a bunch of haters.....got my zoogue case and it KILLS the apple case. I came here to see other accessories and clicked in to read this nonsense it seems....so YA , IM A NEWBIE DEFENDING THE ZOOGUE CASE SO GET OVER IT....god its like you are all running a fortune 500 company or something, get over yourselves already....
1. You dont like the Zoogue site......so ********** what? He is doing his own thing, ill give you 25 sites that are worse.....
2. Self Promotion....k , so what if he does, would you not?? Sham Wow comparisons, gee, that is creative, not to mention the shamwow makes MILLIONS...why do you think you know the name Shamwow people?
3. As far as the guy getting banned, well whatever, shut it up at the source it seems.....
4. That guy took an idea , ran with it and came out with a product. Gave his life away to do it. YOu dont like it , why log in and say it? Just back off and dont buy it period. Done.
5. customer service second to none.....called owner 3 times as to delivery , got back to me within the HOUR each time and im up here in Ottawa, Canada by the way, i sell real estate, and have no affiliation with Zoogue....

The case works as advertised...period...oh , and as for the logo, remember that the next time you wear a polo shirt , nike shoes, drive any car, or do anything in your life for that matter, look at the advertising. Its everywhere....so get over it, you dont like the Zoogue name? Dont buy it then. You took the time to write about it so why is that? Because the damn thing intrigued you, thats why.
Again , i have NO affiliation with Zoogue, i work in Ottawa Canada as a real estate agent, and am just a little tired of watching NOBODYS knocking SOMEBODYS for trying something new.....you all need to take a break...Rob
While it is nice that you have had a good experience with Zoogue it does not invalidate the experiences of other people to the contrary.

You are free to support someone who is deceptive and underhanded. Some of us prefer to support and do business with people who have integrity.

Daremo

macrumors 68020
Jul 3, 2007
Chicago
While it is nice that you have had a good experience with Zoogue it does not invalidate the experiences of other people to the contrary.

You are free to support someone who is deceptive and underhanded. Some of us prefer to support and do business with people who have integrity.

Believe me, I'm not trolling or trying to start a fight on the forums, but is there actual proof of him being "deceptive and underhanded?" That's a pretty bold accusation to make on someone without having solid proof to show people, and if you do, please post this.

Jsn

macrumors member
Feb 1, 2008
Believe me, I'm not trolling or trying to start a fight on the forums, but is there actual proof of him being "deceptive and underhanded?" That's a pretty bold accusation to make on someone without having solid proof to show people, and if you do, please post this.

You point is well taken, Daremo. I have made no such accusations myself. What I can say is that Mr. Angel was astonishingly rude to me in this forum. I pointed out that his website had several typos--I didn't "hate" the website, or offer any qualitative opinion on it whatsoever. I just pointed out that it was full of typos. His reaction was to tell me "Please don't buy a ZooGue case." (Said attitude did not keep him from quickly correcting the typos, by the way).

In the interests of full disclosure and continued polite discussion, may I ask you a question about your review? Did you buy the case yourself, or was it given to you for free? Were you otherwise compensated?

As to the case itself: with all its Velcro and flaps and such, I get the impression that it more than doubles the thickness of the iPad. Is this the case?

sracer

macrumors G4
Apr 9, 2010
where hip is spoken
Yes there is proof. Not only here on this forum but on other forums as well. Very blatant. Those of us who have been around to witness the deceptive threads (where he "innocently asks a question without revealing that he is actually working on developing a product) know what the deal is. He also logged in under aliases impersonating independent people who are merely interested in the product.

I don't particularly care if you believe me or not. You are free to dismiss what I say. You are also free to investigate it on your own.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.