Zooming in on Titles

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Sharewaredemon, Jul 26, 2006.

1. Sharewaredemon macrumors 68000

Sharewaredemon

Hi,

I've recently been trying to do the effect where a title either zooms in with an imaged matted into it, or zoom out to reveal an image.

The problem I'm having is that FCP and After Effects both have a limit on how much you can magnify a file (image or video clip).

The max being 1000. To circumvent this I created a file in PS that had GIGANTIC dimentions, so that FCP would have to show the image at 17% in order for it to fit on the screen "normally."

Unfortunately this method does not seem all that great because FCP does not like dealing with PS images that have dimensions that are 4000*6500.

Here is an example of what I am talking about:

http://tunebomb.com/videofiles/Weird Sesh.mov

The title at the beginning where it says "Lots 'O Ollies" and there is a video clip masked in the title then it zooms to a point where you can't see black anymore.

So, basically I want to know if you guys know of any other way to achieve something like this without having to make gigantic PS files.

Thanks.

2. howinson macrumors member

very easy if you use after effects.
    Create the wordings animation of the dropping down and zooming in, in after effects.

Use black color for your text and white color for your background in after effects.

After you're done with the animation, bring it into FCP and lay it on top of the video track.
    Right click on the animation clip and choose composite.
    Select various compositing modes to see which best suits you.
    One will definately create that type of effect you're looking for.

3. howinson macrumors member

After effects has no limits to me when u wanna zoom in.
    Type in values like 10,000 and u can see the words full blown and covers the entire screen.

4. Sharewaredemon thread starter macrumors 68000

Sharewaredemon

Thank you for suggesting I make the title in AFX, I got it to work quite easily.

:)

You have made me a very happy person today.

5. howinson macrumors member

6. Sharewaredemon thread starter macrumors 68000

Sharewaredemon

You most certainly did. :)