Zune Becomes Even More Unoriginal.

Discussion in 'iPod' started by LillieDesigns, Aug 25, 2006.

1. LillieDesigns macrumors 6502

LillieDesigns

I know this is the iPod forum blah blah blah, but you know we're interested in seeing what Microsoft's Zune has to offer. I'm not going to lie, I'm in the middle of both the iPod and the Zune because I love Apple computers and OS X, I love my Xbox 360, and I haven't had the best luck with my iPod. Unfortunately though, it looks like Microsoft's first Zune won't be very original or revolutionary considering it's actually built from the Toshiba Gigabeat. I guess only time and features will tell...

http://www.gizmodo.com/gadgets/portable-media/first-generation-microsoft-zunes-are-toshiba-oems-second-generation-notsomuch-196720.php

2. Benjamindaines macrumors 68030

Benjamindaines

Hehe assuming that it's not a massive flop.

3. CANEHDN macrumors 6502a

CANEHDN

It really bothers me to see companies try to copy something that is popular. They wonder why people don't buy their products. I understand that they are trying to make it look the same and hope that someone may not be able to tell the difference. But if they want to have people notice them, they need to do something completely different. Like Apple did with the Personal Computer(iMac) or the Music Players(iPod). Only 1 hr and 15mins until the weekend. Sweet!!

4. steamboat26 macrumors 65816

steamboat26

Wow, i guess microsoft has just run out of ideas.
    Zune=Toshiba Gigabeat
    Vista=Early OS X
    I just hope they don't do something stupid and only lose money on the zune, in order to get their name in the market. Like they did with the XBOX. Or maybe i do want them to lose money....:D

5. bloodycape macrumors 65816

Well in all fairness I have used an older Toshiba Gigabeat F and that is pretty on par with the ipod photo. And the newer S from what I her is on par in its own ways with the ipod video. So this could be a good device but only time will tell.