zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Discussion in 'Community' started by Bodhi, Aug 23, 2004.

1. Bodhi macrumors newbie

Macrumors...uh, how about a story that's not reprinted from another site? you used to provide great rumors and info along with summarizing other sites news and info. The original content as of late is much to be desired.

2. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

August is a slow news time everywhere. MR can't very well report on stuff that isn't happening.

3. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Sorry, we don't like to make things up ourselves. We let the other sites do it, and then we criticize their delirious claims from the safety of MacRumours, the site that never makes claims and so is (technically) never wrong about anything. :)

4. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

sometimes there is a lull in rumor activity here...it's to be expected

also, apple is not in rebuild mode these days and their offerings a bit more predictable and stable

but back in 1998, 1999, and 2000, there were so many changes at apple that rumors were rampant and people had no idea what was coming around the pike then...it was funny to hear all the speculations of macheads in those days

today, we know there will be a next processor generation in an imac...the g5 imac

then of course, the g5 will make its way into the rest of the line...then one day anothe processor...first in the pro tower and then down the line until the cheapest consumer computer has that chip...and so on and so on

it's much easier to guess what apple is up to these days and they have become a lot like most pc companies in that respect...apple will continue to be innovative, of course, but their coolest and most striking ideas like original imac/bondi imac/ibook/cube/osx are past achievements which will be impossible to replicate in the way it revolutionized the personal computer field

just about every great thing of that magnitude has been done and it goes to show the genius of the woz and steve jobs...i would like to see either man change the world again, but it's not likely at this point...we are now in an established industry dominted by stability and financial backers and the creativity that once ruled silicon valley, before the big money managers, is a past chapter in our history

5. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

After a few months as a member of MacRumors, I now see how people get so many posts...they post a reply to EVERYTHING!

6. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

Macmaniac

Why of course, how do you think we get here? Automatic forum writers? AUgust has been slow, actually slower then I thought because of the imac G5 release, I thought there would be more rumors on specs and form factor.

7. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

MR is not just about rumors, it's a community, people post all the time.

8. hansen macrumors regular

If Apple looks at their business as the pc business I agree it can look as an established marked. I also think this would be a great mistake from Apple given their unexpected success with the iPod. If they instead see the market as the end of the pc and beginning of digital appliances everywhere this is a whole new marked with a huge potential with a lot of invention and revolutions still to be made. Apple's digital hub projects points in this direction and AirTunes as a good example, but there is still a long way to go.

9. Mudbug Administrator emeritus

Mudbug

If there's rumor stuff to offer, we offer it. If there's not, there's nothing to say. If you want stuff just made up off the top of someone's head, that's certainly easy enough to find on the internet.

If we think it's credible, 99% of the time we post it. If not, we sometimes post it anyway. :D

10. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

11. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

No, no, no. That's a quad G6 laptop with 30 inch display.

12. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

So THAT'S the reason for the display shortages...I see...

13. hotwire132002 macrumors 65816

hotwire132002

Don't forget the HD-DVD burner, 8GB of RAM standard, and 120TB HDD! :D

14. ThomasJefferson macrumors 6502

You left out the rumor, now confirmed, about the Mr. Coffee attachment using USB3 :cool:

15. King Cobra macrumors 603

Congratulations! You are part of the people! :D

16. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

It's not Mr. Coffee--they leak, and cause the machines to corrode. It's a Philips coffeemaker with a built-in CD player in the lid. :D

17. ThomasJefferson macrumors 6502

Dalmation or Flower Power?
    Decisions Decisions...

18. zarathustra macrumors 6502a

zarathustra

Hey, I think that meets the system requirements for Longhorn. :p :)