Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
Why is it that you think a $35 accessory that makes it more or less impossible to put your iPod into anything (pocket, purse, etc.) is "going too far"?

;)

JupiterTwo

macrumors 6502
Mar 29, 2003
GB
Hey! lay off the iPod socks! They're a great cover for my 'pod, and the ladies love them too :p

iGuy - he's cool - let the peeps spend their $34.95 :)

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
I'd pay money for that if it could dance. Okay, well, I wouldn't. But I know a lot of people who would. Don't get me wrong, they have dreadful taste. It would be really cute though. Okay, I would pay money for it if it came in a hello kitty theme and it could dance. :)

tristan

macrumors 6502a
Jul 19, 2003
high-rise in beautiful bethesda
They gotta make it bounce around when you play music. You know, like that coke can with sunglasses!

Of course if you play something cool like "Sabotage" by the beastie boys it would go kung fu nuts on your pencil cup, your stapler, your calculator, and anything else on your desk that's within reach of its stubby little arms.

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Am I the only person who thinks that is the single coolest skin for an iPod ever? Sure, you don't have to keep it on all the time, but if it came in green (like Gumby), I'd rush out right now!

feakbeak

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 16, 2003
Michigan
Alright, perhaps I was harsh on the iPod socks - they provide minimal protection, have good aesthetics and do not make the iPod more cumbersome to handle. This contraption, on the other hand, is completely useless once the "gimmick" wears off. Glancing at it one might think, "Oh, that's neat." But can you imagine using this daily with your iPod? I suppose it might make a good gag gift for someone who is completely addicted to their iPod, but for $35? That's 1/3 of the way towards buying a 512 MB Shuffle, which is a far better companion for an iPod.

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
Now if it was made out of the same stuff as Stretch Armstrong, you'd have yourself a winner.

dmw007

macrumors G4
May 26, 2005
Working for MI-6
Its kinda cool, but I think slipping it in and out of that "robo/gumbi" case would get kind of old after awhile. But if it did dance and play music...

vouder17

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2003
Home
I want one!!! Seriously, it protects your iPod and you can have it in pimping cool positions. Instead of your iPod just lying on the table it can be doing a hand stand!!! :eek: :D :D :D

rowanhall

macrumors member
Dec 27, 2004
Belfast, Northern Ireland
haha i think this is pretty funny! (in a cool way) personifying your ipod!
i don't think i would fork out, but it would be an amusing centrepiece for a desk though!

don't know what he would look like with a firewire cable stuck up his back side! sounds uncomfortable...

could be rather annoying swapping your ipod in and out of this skin when your going to travel with it?

i'm sure people from uk who have seen the 'ashamed of your mobile' tv ads will agree its like the ipod version of the wee phone character!

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2004
NorCal
HAHA, I like it. It would be so cool/weird/creepy if it really could start dancing when you play music.

iriejedi

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2000
Nor Cal
Cost

hob said:
Oh my god I want one.

Finally found a reason to buy a 4G iPod!!!

Looks like the robot from H2GT2G

I heard they Cost $42 - given that is the seekrit to life, the universe and everything!

Now Steve J needs to finally tell us the question :eek:

iriejedi

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2000
Nor Cal
Don't leave alone

hob said:
Oh my god I want one.

Finally found a reason to buy a 4G iPod!!!

Left alone you may get a 22gig iBaby if the 40gig and 4 gig .... you know... do what kids do...

Moxiemike

macrumors 68020
Jan 1, 2002
Pittsburgh, PA
mkrishnan said:
I'd pay money for that if it could dance. Okay, well, I wouldn't. But I know a lot of people who would. Don't get me wrong, they have dreadful taste. It would be really cute though. Okay, I would pay money for it if it came in a hello kitty theme and it could dance. :)

I want one just so other people think i'm even weirder talking into my belkin ipod microphone. :)

Moxiemike

macrumors 68020
Jan 1, 2002
Pittsburgh, PA
iriejedi said:
Left alone you may get a 22gig iBaby if the 40gig and 4 gig .... you know... do what kids do...

iguy-d-2.jpg

hey baby. what's your sign?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.