Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jnardis

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2010
Good point. I assumed the JB wasn't for 5.0. If it's for both I rather stay on 5.0 since my phone is pretty solid right now.

Grolubao

macrumors 68000
Dec 23, 2008
London, UK
I'm not donating a thing until it's released. Sure, the man got it, kudos to him, but as long as he doesn't release it, it's worth nothing.

snowwhite007

macrumors 6502
Nov 4, 2011
Scotland
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Grolubao said:
I'm not donating a thing until it's released. Sure, the man got it, kudos to him, but as long as he doesn't release it, it's worth nothing.

In order for release he has to buy ipad 2 an 4s to jailbreak so that an all in one tool can be made donations are also encouraging to get work done, when i get donations i work that little bit harder on Roms and patches

bigjee

macrumors member
Jan 17, 2009
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

In order for release he has to buy ipad 2 an 4s to jailbreak so that an all in one tool can be made donations are also encouraging to get work done, when i get donations i work that little bit harder on Roms and patches

Would make more sense to release the JB for the devices he already has completed so that the donations from the ppl that have those devices , can be put towards the other devices that he wants to buy.

I'm holding on to my money until he comes out with something that works on my device. Especially since its his first JB to the masses.

Grolubao

macrumors 68000
Dec 23, 2008
London, UK
Would make more sense to release the JB for the devices he already has completed so that the donations from the ppl that have those devices , can be put towards the other devices that he wants to buy.

I'm holding on to my money until he comes out with something that works on my device. Especially since its his first JB to the masses.

Precisely! I have a iPhone 4 and a iPad 2 and when I see the jailbreak I will donate, the same way I did to comex.

NanoNyrd

macrumors regular
Dec 1, 2011

If he release now, Apple will undoubtedly close the holes in 5.1, and all the 4S owners miss their chance of a jailbreak. The rest of us can live with a semitethered jailbreak, so we have less to loose by waiting.

bigjee

macrumors member
Jan 17, 2009
If he release now, Apple will undoubtedly close the holes in 5.1, and all the 4S owners miss their chance of a jailbreak. The rest of us can live with a semitethered jailbreak, so we have less to loose by waiting.

Sooner or later ios 5.0 will be patched by the next OS update.
Just cuz the next IOS is coming out doesn't mean that there shouldn't be one for the current version, especially since there hasn't been a proper untethered JB for 5.0.

If the various coders can take turns ; one releasing the JB for the present version (like pod2g hopefully will) while others work on the upcoming version would be ideal.
There's no point in showing a video for something that you don't plan on releasing.
If we make a donation and then the DevTeam comes out with a JB next week no one is going to donate to this guy since he took to long.

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
Sooner or later ios 5.0 will be patched by the next OS update.
Just cuz the next IOS is coming out doesn't mean that there shouldn't be one for the current version, especially since there hasn't been a proper untethered JB for 5.0.

If the various coders can take turns ; one releasing the JB for the present version (like pod2g hopefully will) while others work on the upcoming version would be ideal.
There's no point in showing a video for something that you don't plan on releasing.
If we make a donation and then the DevTeam comes out with a JB next week no one is going to donate to this guy since he took to long.

Yea, but iOS 5.1 is on beta 2 already. Incremental iOS updates rarely go through more than 1-3 betas, thus we can readily expect 5.1 to drop before the end of 2011. Seeing as that's hardly 2 weeks away, and clearly the jailbreak isn't complete yet, it certainly makes sense to wait fro 5.1

Now had 5.0.1 just been dropped and the jailbreak was ready, sure, definitely release it ... but that's not the case anymore.

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
Even though I want it right now I would rather wait for a 5.1 untethered instead.

I agree ... It's been nearly 8 weeks since the 4S dropped and even longer since iOS 5 dropped.

That said, I would still be so grateful for even a tethered A5 jailbreak for the iPad 2 and 4S since I never turn either device off.

I'm crossing my fingers they are nearing completion and are just holding off for iOS 5.1, but part of me is still concerned that they really aren't progressing far on the A5 grounds.

rick snagwell

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 12, 2011
alta loma, ca
I agree ... It's been nearly 8 weeks since the 4S dropped and even longer since iOS 5 dropped.

That said, I would still be so grateful for even a tethered A5 jailbreak for the iPad 2 and 4S since I never turn either device off.

I'm crossing my fingers they are nearing completion and are just holding off for iOS 5.1, but part of me is still concerned that they really aren't progressing far on the A5 grounds.

well MN did jb his A5, just seems he is just stalling for something to make it a public release. my patience is running thin, but i can't do anything about it anyway!

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
well MN did jb his A5, just seems he is just stalling for something to make it a public release. my patience is running thin, but i can't do anything about it anyway!

Hmm I could be wrong, but wasn't the video he posted using iOS 5 betas, using exploits which were then patched in the GM/Official release?

MN seems to be working a lot on his unlock now too - hopefully that means he has the JB done and hasn't given up on it.

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
Hmm I could be wrong, but wasn't the video he posted using iOS 5 betas, using exploits which were then patched in the GM/Official release?

MN seems to be working a lot on his unlock now too - hopefully that means he has the JB done and hasn't given up on it.

I believe the demos were of A5 device running JB 5.0 firmware

eZee

macrumors newbie
Dec 12, 2011
Christmas is just around the corner, we all need money for gifts. Now would be a great time to setup a blog, claim that I have jailbroken ios 5 untethered (and will be releasing it soon) and ask for donations. hmmm...:p

rick snagwell

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 12, 2011
alta loma, ca
Christmas is just around the corner, we all need money for gifts. Now would be a great time to setup a blog, claim that I have jailbroken ios 5 untethered (and will be releasing it soon) and ask for donations. hmmm...:p

oh lord, tell me your kidding.

eZee

macrumors newbie
Dec 12, 2011
Yes, I was only kidding and sry for being foolish, a bad way to introduce myself. Anyway, Hello to all! I am new to this forum, and semi new to the iworld :apple:. Looking forward to gain more insight & knowledge through this forum. :)

bigjee

macrumors member
Jan 17, 2009
Yea, but iOS 5.1 is on beta 2 already. Incremental iOS updates rarely go through more than 1-3 betas, thus we can readily expect 5.1 to drop before the end of 2011. Seeing as that's hardly 2 weeks away, and clearly the jailbreak isn't complete yet, it certainly makes sense to wait fro 5.1

Now had 5.0.1 just been dropped and the jailbreak was ready, sure, definitely release it ... but that's not the case anymore.

With ios 5 in general there have been more betas than any other ios before it.

There were 7 betas for 5.0 so assuming that there will be 1-3 for 5.1 is just a guess at most.
We don't know when 5.1 will come out it might be 2 weeks or 4 or 6.

No one knows except Apple.

I think waiting to release the JB for the next version is kinda futile.
5.0 or 5.0.1 JB should satisfy all iphone users at this point.

I really cant see a big improvement in 5.1 anyway (like the big update to features etc. was 5.0 ) so there should be a JB released for it. Especially since there are numerous a couple of videos showing the JB already. Whats with the teasing?

I understand the issue with not wanting to release too soon but what's there to say that ios 5.2 won't come out immediately after 5.1 does? I cant really see a big improvement in updating to 5.1 anyway. 4.XX to 5.0 yes but 5.1 wont really be as big; hence the need for a 5.0 JB more than 5.1

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.