Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ipacmm

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 17, 2003
Cincinnati, OH
Will there ever be mobile MacRumor forums? I read the normal mobile site from my Treo but when I want to post or read the forums, it always takes me to the regular page.

Any hope on a mobile version for the forums?

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
ipacmm said:
Will there ever be mobile MacRumor forums? I read the normal mobile site from my Treo but when I want to post or read the forums, it always takes me to the regular page.

Any hope on a mobile version for the forums?

Hmmm... let me give it some thought.

arn

asif786

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2004
London, UK.
arn said:
Hmmm... let me give it some thought.

arn

arn,

just a bit of info. i used to visit a site that was designed around smartphones, so obviously they had a mobile version too. i think this is what they did:

main site: everything as normal

mobile.mainsite.com: seperate installation of vB but accessing the same db. so it's always updated - but you can disable smilies and change other prefs without ruining main site.

just a headsup of how someone else did it :)

ipacmm

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 17, 2003
Cincinnati, OH
asif786 said:
arn,

just a bit of info. i used to visit a site that was designed around smartphones, so obviously they had a mobile version too. i think this is what they did:

main site: everything as normal

mobile.mainsite.com: seperate installation of vB but accessing the same db. so it's always updated - but you can disable smilies and change other prefs without ruining main site.

just a headsup of how someone else did it :)

Thats what I was thinking about, I saw that same set-up at TreoCentral.

This is what there forums looked like for the mobile site: http://treo.discussion.treocentral.com/index.php?styleid=12

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.