Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tymaster50

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 3, 2012
Oregon
Q:I'm on 5.x.x firmware, can I upgrade to 6.1.2 and jailbreak?
NO YOU CAN'T

Q:Can I jailbreak iOS 6.1.3/.4 on iPhone 4S/5?

No you can't

Q: Can I jailbreak my iPhone/iPod Touch 4 and 3GS?

Yes, but you can't turn it off and on unless you're connected to a computer

Q: I found this program on YouTube, can I jailbreak with it?

Absolutely not. only evasi0n.com is an official source.

Q: I messed up, can I re-restore to my current firmware?

Yes, if you can download iLex R.A.T and MobileTerminal, or use this http://semirestore.tk/ when it releases

Q: I accidentally upgraded, is there a way I can downgrade?

Well son if you have a 4S or above you're screwed, sorry bro.

Q:I just bought an iPhone/iPod/iPad today, can I jailbreak?

Check the firmware version. If it's above 6.1.2 you CANNOT

Last edited:

pod5g

macrumors regular
May 15, 2013
Q:I'm on 5.x.x firmware, can I upgrade to 6.1.2 and jailbreak?
NO YOU CAN'T

Q:Can I jailbreak iOS 6.1.3/.4 on iPhone 4S/5?

No you can't

Q: Can I jailbreak my iPhone/iPod Touch 4 and 3GS?

Yes, but you can't turn it off and on unless you're connected to a computer

Q: I found this program on YouTube, can I jailbreak with it?

Absolutely not. only evasi0n.com is an official source.

Q: I messed up, can I re-restore to my current firmware?

Yes, if you can download iLex R.A.T and MobileTerminal, or use this http://semirestore.tk/ when it releases

Q: I accidentally upgraded, is there a way I can downgrade?

Well son if you have a 4S or above you're screwed, sorry bro.

You know this isn't going to help, right? The n00bs will still ask n00bish questions.

TheRealCBONE

macrumors regular
Nov 26, 2012
Here's a question: if I bought the latest iPhone/iPad today (insert today's date), could I jailbreak it still?

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
To slim down the dumbass questions like "my iPhone is in safe mode after installing a tweak what did I do wrong???" or "I'm on 6.1.3 can I jailbreak?". By having threads like this at the top it'll hopefully reduce the volume of questions being asked.

that's an ilusion.

refer them to proper thread, search or other external links like this one, iclarified, etc

Arnezie

macrumors 65816
Oct 10, 2011
I would say get off macrumors if you can't handle people asking questions. It's what the forum is for and if you don't like it move on. We have all been "there" and needed help. Give help when someone needs it but making this a sticky seems pointless.

TC25

macrumors 68020
Mar 28, 2011
I would say get off macrumors if you can't handle people asking questions. It's what the forum is for and if you don't like it move on. We have all been "there" and needed help. Give help when someone needs it but making this a sticky seems pointless.

You've missed the point entirely. It's not people asking questions, it is people asking the same questions over and over again. And 'no', we have not all been "there", I always search before asking a question and I always read the threads on the first page to make sure I am not duplicating any other thread. Obviously, the MR powers that be do not have a problem with this, with one exception. If someone starts a thread that duplicates what's in the News forum, they shut those threads down in a nanosecond.

I do agree with your point that making this thread a sticky. People who are too lazy to search or even read the titles of existing threads will simply ignore a sticky thread.

tymaster50

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 3, 2012
Oregon

So it doesn't bother you when people go through the whole account creation process just to ask a question that can be answered by googling for 3 seconds?

Like making a yahoo account just to ask a question like "why is the sky blue"

Arnezie

macrumors 65816
Oct 10, 2011
So it doesn't bother you when people go through the whole account creation process just to ask a question that can be answered by googling for 3 seconds?

Like making a yahoo account just to ask a question like "why is the sky blue"

No it doesn't "bother" me. If it bothers you maybe you have some unaddressed underlying issues.

Troneas

macrumors 65816
Oct 26, 2011
At the alternatives section.
No it doesn't "bother" me. If it bothers you maybe you have some unaddressed underlying issues.

everyday there is a new account asking the same question with a new link.

people get annoyed. its just human nature.

the point of this thread is not to bash new members is to help them find the answers they seek to their "genuine" doubt.

now stop trolling for someone with infinite patience such as yourself i find it curious this well-intended helpful thread rattles your cage.

kalirob99

macrumors 68000
Dec 24, 2008
California
Good intentions or not, this won't be stickied. An idea similar to this would have been done by mods by now, if statistically it would deture said topics.
Sad to say, the majority of the people that make those topics wouldn't search or even scan the first page before making a topic.
Its human nature to be lazy and expect answers to be brought to you. The users that actually would search, likely already have.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.