Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The Doctor11

macrumors 603
Original poster
Dec 15, 2013
New York
I was thinking about this and i really cant decide. Of course we all want iOS 8 to be faster but besides that what do you want to see in iOS 8? I'm really looking forward to see what you all have to say.:)

Last edited by a moderator:

Tubamajuba

macrumors 68020
Jun 8, 2011
here
A faster and more refined OS, and some new features would be nice. I don't believe in making a ridiculously specific laundry list of features that *insert other OS* has and getting furiously upset when Apple doesn't cater to my every want and need.

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
- I'd like to see widgets or live tiles on the springboard done the Apple way. The same old boring static icons are tiring to look at all the time.

- Let us put icons anywhere on the grid instead of having to fill up each row at a time.

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
A rewrite of airdrop on iOS and OSX so that you can share between them. That said currently they are two entirely different transfer methods that only share a name in common.

MrGuder

macrumors 68040
Nov 30, 2012
Less white and more black....
Less pastels and more adult colors....
Music app overhaul (layout, colors, design matching iOS6)
Transitions like iOS6 (opening and closing apps)

Most of all....get it right when it's released not 3 months later the average customers don't want to be the testers, polished on day 1 or don't release...

The Doctor11

macrumors 603
Original poster
Dec 15, 2013
New York
Less white and more black....
Less pastels and more adult colors....
Music app overhaul (layout, colors, design matching iOS6)
Transitions like iOS6 (opening and closing apps)

Most of all....get it right when it's released not 3 months later the average customers don't want to be the testers, polished on day 1 or don't release...

I love how apps go in and out!

rwilliams

macrumors 68040
Apr 8, 2009
Raleigh, NC
I'm not convinced that widgets are the answer, but something other than the grid of icons is needed. The look of iOS is extremely stale.

mcfly88

macrumors 6502
Nov 3, 2012
up next in the music app would be awesome. Some sort of a file manager maybe.. More customization in settings.

Last edited:

Xenomorph

macrumors 65816
Aug 6, 2008
St. Louis
I want what I jailbreak for:

* I like the animation effects of Barrel (especially "Flippy"). Just about every Android launcher has this.

* I like being able to use themes (WinterBoard). Custom icons and all that.

* I like being able to change fonts with BytaFont ("Ubuntu" is one of my favorites).

That's about it, really. iOS 7, 6, 5, 4, and 3 brought so many features that were originally jailbreak tweaks and programs.

Mabus51

Suspended
Aug 16, 2007
A functional OS is all I would like to see. iOS 7 is garbage and is the worst software Apple has released since System 9.

Still broken in iOS 7 at least on the iPhone 5.

Bluetooth connections aren't stable. Sometimes you have to turn Bluetooth on and off multiple times before it will connect to a device.

Music app constantly crashes, skips songs, deletes songs, won't play some songs that are transferred to the phone, duplicates songs & albums, gets stuck on cover flow and doesn't switch back until you force close the app. Playlists removes songs that are on your phone that still show up under Artists or Albums. Playlists will play songs from different lists at times. Switching to another app or unlocking the device while music is playing will often force the last couple seconds of a song to repeat before the song continues.

Transitions are glitchy or replay twice when unlocking the device from the Notification Menu.

Keyboard in Safari is eye straining and blurry, especially on iPad.

Safari, Mail, Music, Settings, Messages, Phone, Contacts, Remote, Reminders, all have an eye straining blurry White color that bleeds red pixels to create almost a pinkish hue. (inverting colors or lowering brightness to it's lowest setting is not a fix)

Home Button sometimes takes multiple presses to wake the device. At times it just reboots it if you press it to much cause it won't wake up.

Saving images from the Web tend to bring back thumbnails and pictures that were previously deleted.

Battery life is worse than all previous version of iOS. Even with Location Services off and brightness turned all the way down.

Syncing with a computer is laughably bad. Purchases from the device don't always transfer. If they do transfer they are often removed from the device, so you have to resync the device after you tell iTunes to re-add said purchase back.

*** If Apple loves Windows Phone so much that they copied the look and feel to it (Microsoft style glitches and all) then why didn't they just give us Windows Phone 8. *** :mad: :mad: :mad:

lovewd

macrumors 6502
Aug 28, 2013
I'd prefer the iOS 6 look with all the iOS 7 features, more emoji (like a black person emoji and a middle finger emoji), more customization choices (widgets, and even the ability to change the font, the ability to change the shortcuts in control center, the ability to swipe away notifications individually in notification center. Now that I look at that list it's like I want android lol. But I don't I just want those features on an iPhone.

MagicHAM

macrumors 6502
Sep 2, 2013
Australia
Linked in interrogation would be nice. Screw facebook.

I would like to be able to choose my colour set of the theme in ios7. Have dark grey, black and white as an option, so that hurrondous white can **** off during the night. :p

Some widgets on the lock screen that give access to my linked in feeds, weather, rss feeds etc etc. Generally some useful stuff that i can look at on the lock screen and a theme chooser, would be my most wanted. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.