Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What ehrtads bug you?

• Moron CPU threads

Votes: 16 11.3%
  • Post your (insert inane item here)threads

Votes: 11 7.8%
  • Which laptop should I buy?

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Should I buy now or wait?

Votes: 18 12.8%
  • Why is my reputation so low?

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • My (insert Apple product) sucks

Votes: 8 5.7%
  • Should I wait for Santa Rosa or Outer Mongolia chip sets?

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Does the new nano scratch?

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Other

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • All of the above

Votes: 24 17.0%
  • Some of the above

Votes: 23 16.3%
  • Lighten up Francis, it's only a message board

Votes: 32 22.7%

• Total voters

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Jul 11, 2003
I've never seen so many threads dealing with the same topics (Moron in MPB next Tuesday), silly pictures (Post your nail clippings from Sunday), you get the point. [/rant]

What bugs you?

tangerineyum

macrumors 6502
Feb 16, 2005
Ontario, CA
i voted all of the above. The combination of new posters wanting buying advice and veteran poster complaining about (insert apple product and or upgrade) has made browsing the forums a chore. Every other thread is a complaint about something or other. Bah.

sunfast

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2005
Great thread!

At the moment I hate the whininh CPU threads but in my entire experience at MR it has to be "buy now, or wait?".

I reckon the site should be able to detect these. Auto-reply with a stock answer and lock the thread :D

Graeme A

macrumors 6502
Aug 6, 2003
Melbourne, Australia
Moron CPU threads but, I have a guilty pleasure in kicking that particular bee-hive.

My eyes glaze over when people start debate the technical details pros/cons of chips... I just want to know if its going to do what I need to get done and go fast - I gave up on the details of VLSI and the properties of transistors at university some xx years ago.

gauchogolfer

macrumors 603
Jan 28, 2005
American Riviera
mad jew said:
I voted the Francis option because she's hot.

...Francis is a girl, right?

Not necessarily.... :p :p

picture1zg4.png

Know that you'll be having nightmares, now :p

Jovian9

macrumors 68000
Feb 19, 2003
Planet Zebes
tangerineyum said:
i voted all of the above. The combination of new posters wanting buying advice and veteran poster complaining about (insert apple product and or upgrade) has made browsing the forums a chore. Every other thread is a complaint about something or other. Bah.

Agreed. Plus people complaining that their Apple product sucks so all of them must have something wrong is very annoying. In my own observations I'd have to say that typically in the past it was PowerBook G5's that were annoying.....but since the Intel transition began it seems that lots and lots of threads are becoming this way.

"true" video iPods next Tuesday :)

xsedrinam

macrumors 601
Oct 21, 2004
I voted the last, taking Francis to mean this.

Attachments

• 2017.jpg
    2017.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 399

thedude110

macrumors 68020
Jun 13, 2005
Right on, MacNut.

I'm weary of the Merom threads, but I'm wearier of the "Mac Virus" threads. If you've got a problem, describe the nature of the problem, but don't presume you've got a virus (and shout that presumption at the top of your lungs).

Would prefer more linking to strange pirate songs, etc ...

nbs2

macrumors 68030
Mar 31, 2004
A geographical oddity
OK - I have a new biggest annoyance. Apple/Greenpeace threads. I swear some moron starts a new thread on this everyday. It is really, really annoying. I say we ban their IPs now.:mad: In fact, I say we take their computers away from them and ban them from societal interaction.:mad:

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
The "Post your ..." threads are bad but when someone wants to see photos of something that doesn't look any different than the product in the store or on the web seems ludicrous to me.

Even better are the threads that are created because "I was thinking about this thread we used to have...", instead of doing a search.

Francis, settle. It really doesn't matter. If it bothers you that much, you ought to take some time away to rest. :)

Josias

macrumors 68000
Mar 10, 2006
I voted "What laptop should I buy?"

Yet the memrom, mormom, moron, meron and mahumara MBP threada re really annoying when they pile up...:D

xsedrinam

macrumors 601
Oct 21, 2004
yellow said:
"Lighten up, Francis" is from Stripes, correct?
Si, señor:
Psycho: The name's Francis Sawyer, but everybody calls me Psycho. Any of you guys call me Francis, and I'll kill you.
Leon: Ooooooh.
Psycho: You just made the list, buddy. Also, I don't like no one touching my stuff. So just keep your meathooks off. If I catch any of you guys in my stuff, I'll kill you. And I don't like nobody touching me. Any of you homos touch me, and I'll kill you.
Sergeant Hulka: Lighten up, Francis.

srf4real

macrumors 68040
Jul 25, 2006
paradise beach FL
I like the threads that give members a chance to see something unusual and not related directly to some computer issue as much as I need and appreciate all the threads answering my silly questions because I'm a macIdiot...:eek:

There is a real world out there on the other side of that computer desk! I never checked a forum board until I heard of MacRumors, and my needs get met right here; whether tech info, software advice, or plain humor (I find that in almost EVERY thread!)

My fav is "post your summer beach pics here" and my least liked is "Apple WTF?":eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.