Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jimmy83

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 21, 2008
Portsmouth, UK
Been jailbroke with Spirit on 3.1.3 3G for a while now, just tried to open Cydia but its just crashing straight away. Any ideas people?

jimmy83

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 21, 2008
Portsmouth, UK
It had been working fine until around 1-2 weeks ago which was the last time I opened it. Please say I can solve this without JB again!

jimmy83

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 21, 2008
Portsmouth, UK
Cydia still isnt opening, and anyone advise what I need to do? I quite happy with 3.1.3, so dont fancy upgrading to iOS4.

moussekateer

macrumors 6502a
May 12, 2009
Sounds like a bad repo. Try this out. SSH into the phone and then navigate to /var/lib/apt/lists/ and delete everything except the partial folder. Restart the phone and it should work.

If that doesn't work navigate to root/private/ect/apt/sources.list.d and edit that file. Remove all the sources except sauriks one.

jimmy83

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 21, 2008
Portsmouth, UK
Sounds like a bad repo. Try this out. SSH into the phone and then navigate to /var/lib/apt/lists/ and delete everything except the partial folder. Restart the phone and it should work.

Cheers pal, that worked :) What did it delete via SSH btw?

Not been checking the latest jailbreak stuff latley...Iam saving my ECID...got the message 'this device has a pending TSS request'....is this to do with your SHSH blobs?

Thanks again man

moussekateer

macrumors 6502a
May 12, 2009
Cheers pal, that worked :) What did it delete via SSH btw?

Not been checking the latest jailbreak stuff latley...Iam saving my ECID...got the message 'this device has a pending TSS request'....is this to do with your SHSH blobs?

Thanks again man

No probs. It just deleted the list of repo's that Cydia maintains. One of them was providing corrupted headers. By deleting them you force Cydia to redownload them again, and hopefully the repo maintainers would have noticed the error by then and removed the offending header. It's an uncommon bug but I wish Cydia handled it better.

Yes Cydia is saving your SHSH blob's, but for 4.0.1. You don't have to do anything. Normally you wouldn't have to worry about this stuff, but since 4.x Apple have started 'soft' signing the iPhone 3G. It's done in the software and not on a security chip so it shouldn't be a big deal to jailbreakers but still a but irritating.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.