Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LAS22

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 22, 2008
I searched and haven't seen this case posted, particularly this video I came across on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOL4jkMzdPc

product:
http://www.goballisticcase.com/products/iphone-4-ballistic-hc-series-case

ultimate protection but adds major bulk. not sure how responsive the built-in screen protector is while operating, it was never shown in the video...?

i have a friend in the construction business and favors the protection the of otterbox on his 3gs. he'll be getting the iP4 once otterbox release their new defender case, but might have to show him this. the new otterbox, judging by their pictures, does seem less bulky than the ballistic hc.

of course this case is not for everyone. but for those who will need a very protective case, here's an option. personally, i'm still waiting on the replacement speck candyshells.

ballistic hc
vs
otterbox defender
iPhone4BallisticHC_grande.jpg

apl2-i4xxx.1.jpg
apl2-i4xxx.3.jpg

dccorona

macrumors 68020
Jun 12, 2008
Id rather have an iBand. It is much smaller, and they have done tests with it where they dropped it off a roof with no damage. Much sleeker, and still more protective

travel4fun

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2010
This case is insane. I think that Neil Armstrong would have bought this case for his iphone before moon landing in 1969.

The Afroman

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2009
Austin,Tx
Thats a pretty nice and industrial looking case.
I like it. I mean it's not for a daily user, but for a construction worker or contractor it's gold.

I like the look better the Otterbox as well:cool:

eastercat

macrumors 68040
Mar 3, 2008
PDX
Thanks for showing the pictures of both together. I was briefly considering the Ballistic. However, I realized that I like the sleeker look of the Otterbox, in comparison to Ballistic's industrial look.
Since I'm waiting to get my phone until the defender is released, I'm glad I'm sticking with the Otterbox.

slipper

macrumors 68000
Nov 19, 2003
I wish the Otterbox Defender and Ballistic HC case has the silicone for inside protection and plastic for outside protection like the Otterbox Commuter.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.