Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

livingonvideo13

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 19, 2009
May not be the prettiest case but for a total cost of 99cents, you can't beat it!

Had to get something until iSkin comes out with their new case so figured this would hold me over until it does.

orange-case-01.jpg
orange-case-02.jpg
orange-case-03.jpg
orange-case-04.jpg
orange-case-05.jpg

tasslehawf

macrumors 6502
Jun 13, 2003
Austin, TX
All ya need is an exacto to clean up some of the flashing. I noticed they failed to make an opening for the noise canceling microphone. Ya might want to cut a little hole for that (it's right next to the headphone jack).

dgstan

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2010
I bought two of these - one black and one purple. They are completely different. The purple one has a larger camera/flash hole, but no hole for the extra mic. The black one has a hole for the extra mic, but a smaller camera hole. It also has an opening for the SIM card.

mgmusicman94

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2008
I bought two of these - one black and one purple. They are completely different. The purple one has a larger camera/flash hole, but no hole for the extra mic. The black one has a hole for the extra mic, but a smaller camera hole. It also has an opening for the SIM card.

Same here, my black one is the same and my blue one is just like your purple.

amazingdm

macrumors 6502
Jul 2, 2010
Silicone? Cuz I got one just like that in green.

Not too bad.. but too rubbery
had to cut a hole for the mic on top

Fliesen

macrumors 6502a
Mar 30, 2010
Austria
the die on #4 showing 4 pips is also a very nice (and totally random) detail :D

just noticed, that it was probably used for making the phone float in #3 and #5 :D

brilliant!

ineel

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2010
whoa thats the same exact one i bought from this guy in hong kong for 99cents on ebay. This guy is actually a criminal since he has a postage meter that is printing $48 HK dollars witch is $5 USD worth of postage but i paid 99cent for the case and it come with free shipping.

iPhoneHome

macrumors 6502
Jul 8, 2007
I bought a black one and it has an opening for the top noise canceling mic. I guess there's a new batch.

pdhahn

macrumors member
Jul 2, 2010
Poconos, PA
I ordered a black one and like someone mentioned before it's definitely different. There's a hole for the noise canceling mic, but the opening for the camera and flash is different. My one complaint is that the material feels really slippery.

For $1 you can't go wrong though. I went back on ebay and bought 3 more in case I wear one out or a friend wants one.

livingonvideo13

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 19, 2009
the die on #4 showing 4 pips is also a very nice (and totally random) detail :D

just noticed, that it was probably used for making the phone float in #3 and #5 :D

You are right! I thought I would put it in the photo and see if people figured it out.

Whoa, where did you get that t-shirt? Hilarious line from an awesome movie.

I bought the shirt off e-bay a few years ago.

WARNING, Will Robinson, you get what you pay for!

Yep! and then some. Can't complain for 99cents. I am holding out for the iSkin case.

whoa thats the same exact one i bought from this guy in hong kong for 99cents on ebay. This guy is actually a criminal since he has a postage meter that is printing $48 HK dollars witch is $5 USD worth of postage but i paid 99cent for the case and it come with free shipping.

Interesting! I wondered how he was able to ship them for so cheap.

oakland6980

macrumors member
Jun 21, 2010
I bought 5. 3 are one style (pink, hot pink, white) and 2 the other (black grey)
the black and grey one seem stiffer and a little thicker than the others. i dont like they have a sim cut out and that the camercut out isnt as 'shaped' with all dont plan on taking good pictures with flash (with pink case pictures have a pink tint, with white....etc) Also the black and grey ones have a cutout for the top microphone
But for .99 shipped i figured i could through what ever color i want on. (pinks are not for me ;)...)

GDVI

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2010
Wow, I really feel like I need to vouch for these cases. For 99 cents you can't go wrong but this case is really nice, you wont regret it. I'm taking my Griffin Reveal back.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.