€100 on :apple: accessories for free. What to choose?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Jhingha, Mar 16, 2011.

1. Jhingha macrumors regular

Jhingha

Well, this is what happend.

I bought my new Macbook Pro (early2011) at my work (dutch retailer) and with that i got €350,- discount.
    Now with this, I also get (temporaily deal) €100,- on :apple: accessoiries.
    Nice deal eh?

Now I can't really choose, so I thought, I'll just ask the MR crowd.

So my question:

What :apple: accessories would u choose if u could shop for 100 (euro/dollar) for free.

Thanks.
    Jhingha

2. skorpien macrumors 68020

If you will be using your MBP docked to a monitor, you may want to purchase an Apple Keyboard and/or Apple Mouse/Magic Mouse/Magic Trackpad as that'll make it easier to use as a desktop computer.

Or you may want to pick up an AirPort Express or an Apple TV. The Express is great for streaming music from iTunes to a stereo or speakers, and Apple TV is great for hooking up to a TV and being able to stream various content from your Mac or from an iOS device capable of AirPlay.

And if you're not limited by the accessories being Apple branded (ie, you can purchase anything Apple carries in their store), you may want an external drive for backups or a screen cleaning kit/keyboard cover etc. Or you can even purchase a printer if you need one.

Really, the choice is yours. They're all great accessories.

3. Jhingha thread starter macrumors regular

Jhingha

Thanks for the reply

I ended up choosing a magic trackpad for my parents, which I sold to them with a little discount,

and for my macbook, a Display port - dvi cable for presentations etc.