‘Black Lives Matter’ Protester Changes His Mind After

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jkcerda, Jan 9, 2015.

1. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

2. DUCKofD3ATH Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

So when a protestor learns the facts about what he is protesting, he stops being a protestor.

Very interesting.

3. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

Not just "a protestor". A little bit of background research reveals Jarrett Maupin to be a terrible arizona democratic politician and felon. He was decisively beaten at the last primary with only 2200 votes. Off the back of this publicity stunt he's able to get national attention and rekindle his political career.

You are being played by a violin. Please PM me I have a bridge to sell you.

4. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

Oh no, someone has strayed from the black collective. Resistance is futile!!!!

5. sodapop1 Suspended

sodapop1

Obviously, there are situations when the use of deadly force by the police is justified. Otherwise we would not arm police officers in the first place. But it is completely disingenuous to try and suggest that this is what the current protests are about.

In the case of Michael Brown, why would a suspect who is currently running away from a police officer suddenly stop and turn around? Was he being shot at? Why did he charge a cop who was currently shooting at him? Was it a desperate attempt to get the officer to stop shooting at him?

In the case of Eric Garner, was it really necessary to use a choke hold to bring him down and continue to maintain the choke hold despite his repeated pleas of not being able to breathe?

In the case of Tamir Rice, why was it necessary to drive up the police cruiser to within 15 feet of the suspect, only to shoot him within a matter of seconds making no attempt to accurately assess the situation from a safe distance in the first place?

Of course, according to you, each of these cases required the use of deadly force because the suspects were either criminals or not complying with police orders. News flash, these are neither capital offenses nor were the police officer's lives in danger.

The protests are about the fact that none of these police officers will ever face a trial for their actions because of sympathetic DAs who are more concerned about maintaining their incestuous relationship with the so called blue wall rather than hold police officers accountable for their actions.

6. DUCKofD3ATH Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

Since when did being a terrible Democrat politician and criminal become any sort of disqualification?

Marrion Barry. Felon. Reelected.

Al Sharpton. Tax cheat. Advisor to Democrat presidents and mayors

Democrats love thugs.

----------

Thank you for agreeing with the protester and me. So what we all learned from this exercise is that police have to make split second decisions about when to use force. Those decisions may not be correct, so it's best for all concerned that when confronted by an officer (especially one who is armed) you not be breaking the law or resisting arrest.

7. Happybunny macrumors 68000

What can I say, people do change their minds.

It's not the end of the world, it's not even real news.:p

8. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

Who said it disqualified him? It was a cynical publicity stunt that got a failed politician national exposure. The gullible lapped it up without any critical thought.

As I said I have a bridge to sell you.

9. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

The worst diet you ever linked! The site wanted my email address to view a video do sorry I will not see your hacking attempt.

10. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

A pity! You missed a car crash of a website! The other top videos include a grown man jumping on a frozen trampoline to dispel climate change! "Conservative videos" gives a real insight into what these people think - both content wise and what is advertised.

11. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

I have never been on a diet . I am happy the way I am

I did not get any pop ups on my end

12. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

Try it on an iPad!

13. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Will do from home. My apologies if you did get pop ups. I try to avoid such links

14. sodapop1 Suspended

sodapop1

If that is all you were able to derive from my post, I agree that you are either willfully ignorant or just too obtuse to have an intellectually honest conversation with.

15. haxrnick macrumors 6502a

haxrnick

#blacklivesmatteronlywhenpolicekillthem

Take care of your own problems within the community.

16. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

Fixed that for you. ;)

17. xmichaelp macrumors 68000

xmichaelp

I agree, but I will still get mad at times when I feel the police do not act as they should like in the Garner case.

It seems most people either go against the police every time or they treat the police like they're perfect and infallible.