‘Duck Dynasty’ star fantasizes about atheist family’s brutal rape and murder.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by aaronvan, Mar 25, 2015.

1. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Bets on how long before A & E cancels their show for good?

http://www.sheknows.com/entertainme...ape-rant-could-get-the-show-canceled-for-good

2. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

He's gone on record saying hateful crap about gays several times now and A&E hasn't done anything. And Atheists are still one of the most hated groups in America, so I doubt anything will happen.

3. sodapop1 Suspended

sodapop1

Wow, this dude is a real wacko but I bet many of the so-called bible belt Christian conservatives will applaud his comments.

4. aaronvan thread starter Suspended

aaronvan

He is promoting (however inartfully) the ubiquitous religious philosophy that morality is impossible without religion. I bet many liberal theologians agree with that sentiment.

However, as an atheist I am more concerned that he might come after my Johnson with a machete.

5. sodapop1 Suspended

sodapop1

I believe the term you're looking for is self-righteousness. Yes, that is something you can have without God.

6. sualpine macrumors 6502

sualpine

You may be an Atheist, but your moral judgement and sense of right or wrong still resulted from the Judeo-Christian societal framework.

7. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

And you know this how? I mean, what data do you have that leads you to this conclusion?

I ask, because there are many religions which his moral judgment and sense of right or wrong could be based on, that predate anything Judeo-Christian.

BL.

8. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Circular logic.

Our moral judgement may have come from the Judeo-Christian societal framework, but that's because we grew up in a Judeo-Christian society.

It's amazing how that works.

9. sualpine macrumors 6502

sualpine

Right, and that's why we are what we are. Chicken vs egg problem, but that's how the world developed.

10. D.T. macrumors 603

D.T.

[​IMG]

"I'd like to go on record that cutting off a dude's johnson is just plain wrong ..."

FSM

11. sualpine macrumors 6502

sualpine

Statistics.

12. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Some of the world.

That's how some of the world developed.

13. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

He needs to be arrested for terrorism. Holy crap!

14. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Source for those statistics?

And do you have any empirical data to substantiate your claim?

BL.

15. sualpine macrumors 6502

sualpine

I am not going to hunt down Wikipedia articles for you. Any English speaker is likely to be of Judeo-Christian background.

16. Praxis91 macrumors regular

Praxis91

How were his comments in any way a fantasy about brutalizing an atheist family. Wow, just wow.

17. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

It couldn't potentially happen to a nicer guy.

18. sualpine macrumors 6502

sualpine

Yep, editorialized thread headline. Not at all slanted.

19. burgundyyears macrumors 6502

These sorts of comments always reveal so much more about the person that says them than anything else.

I would personally stay well away from such an obviously unhinged person (I wouldn't want to be next door the day his faith in the Bible falls apart). Phil Robertson and, say, Ben Carson as cell mates would make for some good entertainment though.

20. citizenzen macrumors 65816

You really can't see it?

If you can't already see it, then I doubt I can explain it in a way that would open your eyes.

21. sualpine macrumors 6502

sualpine

Hypothesizing a scenario does not equal wishing for/advocating it to happen. That's all in your head.

22. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

I seem to recall a fair number of Indian tribes living in this country before the Mayflower came ashore that believed that the type of activity Robertson is alluding to is wrong. their sense of moral judgment and of right over wrong sure as hell had nothing to do with any Judeo-Christian values or society.

My ancestors count as one of those.

BL.

23. sualpine macrumors 6502

sualpine

You did not grow up in that environment. Were you born before 1700? No. You grew up in the United States. You grew up in the Judea-Christian societal framework.

24. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

If one's religion and framework based on that religion formed the views of someone, and that came from something that had nothing to do with anything Judeo-Christian, then your conclusion and assertion is highly flawed.

My point: you can not assume that just because someone was born somewhere that their views are based on a framework you believe they should be, when you do not know anything about that person, nor their views.

BL.