‘Miss Hitler 2014 — Disgraceful Beauty Contest

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by steve knight, Oct 20, 2014.

1. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

man this is just pathetic and disgusting.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2014/1...mpete-worlds-most-disgraceful-beauty-contest/
    This isn’t satire. The “Miss Hitler 2014″ pageant is a real thing. Young women are right now competing for the “Miss Ostland 2014″ crown by posting sexy Nazi selfies to the “Adolf Hitler” fan page on VKontakte (Russian Facebook).

Reichskommissariat Ostland is the 1941 Baltic territory Nazi occupation under which over 1 million Jews were killed.

As Vocativ reports:

“Russian and Ukrainian Nazis and the people who love them, are voting for their favorite pictures of proud, beautiful anti-Semitic women posted to the site’s ‘Adolf Hitler’ group page. Boasting more than 7,000 followers, the page describes itself as a group of Russians and Ukrainians who pay tribute to Hitler, history’s best-known goose-stepping genocidal maniac.”

So, who are the women putting themselves forward as contestants?

2. shinji macrumors 65816

shinji

3. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

I dunno but I highly doubt the winner of Miss Hitler is all that attractive, the mustache and all.

4. steve knight thread starter macrumors 68020

steve knight

Great one. I just saw it was cancelled

5. jnpy!$4g3cwk macrumors 65816

jnpy!$4g3cwk

So, how old are the "women", and, do their parents know what they are doing? They look pretty young to me, and probably have no clue what actually happened under Hitler. Or, maybe just no clue.

6. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

What even Donald Trump didn't want to be a part of it?

7. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    That's...unnerving.

But look on the bright side, there aren't many contestants, nor many voting. It's a small clique of grossly misinformed, terribly ignorant people, and not much more.

8. Southern Dad macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

And how does a fringe group like this get publicity? Why, we start talking about it. Thanks for playing along rather than letting them disappear into obscurity.

9. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

10. citizenzen macrumors 65816

I'm not sure why anybody is shocked that there are young and pretty women in the world who are also ignorant, authoritarian, and far-right-wing.

11. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

She'll be Italian.

12. iBlazed macrumors 68000

iBlazed

Them girls are hairy. Ever seen Alyssa milano's arm hair? You'd think she was a guy in a suit with slicked back hair named "Vito".

13. Happybunny, Oct 21, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2014

Happybunny macrumors 68000

All joking aside, it's a worrying sign of the times in Ukraine.
    I do think that this has to be seen has some thing different in the Ukraine.

Their history is not your history, the same event means different things to different people.

This article below gives a small view of political life Ukraine style.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/10/17/why-are-swastikas-hot-in-west-ukraine.html

Why Are Swastikas Hot In West Ukraine?

Ceasefires don’t erase history: The hatreds left by Nazi and Soviet occupations 70 and 80 years ago continue to play out on Ukraine’s streets and battlefields.
    LVIV, Ukraine — Ostap Stakhiv, the leader of a political organization of Ukrainian nationalists, The Idea of the Nation, had been looking for popular support for many years without much success. Then the delicate-seeming 28-year-old started thinking that maybe there was something wrong with the insignia—a lion climbing up a steep hillside—printed on the group’s tracts and fliers. So Stakhiv chose another: the swastika, slightly modified, that Hitler adopted as the emblem of the Nazi Party in 1920 and that millions of Europeans, including millions of Ukrainians, associate with death.

It worked. Earlier this week, Stakhiv was busy setting up five tents around Lviv for this month's election campaign. He’s preparing to run for the local parliament on October 26th. The organization's newspaper, with double swastikas on the front page, was being distributed along with other propaganda materials, and Stakhiv and his aid, Yulia, marveled at the strength of the symbol. "A yellow swastika on a black field stands for power and spirit," said Stakhiv.

It also stands for just about everything negative that Russian President Vladimir Putin preaches about Ukraine being taken over by crypto-, and not-so-crypto-, Nazis. But young Stakhiv insists that’s wrong. He says he’s campaigning in opposition to "oligarchs running the country, the actual enemy of Ukraine" and sees his mission as opposing the politics of the current president, the billionaire Petro Poroshenko, who, Stakhiv claims, does not see the real picture.

“A yellow swastika on a black field stands for power and spirit,” said Stakhiv.
    "The swastika is a very strong symbol, and as soon as we adopted it, we immediately grew popular among young people,” said Stakhiv. “Those who join us know exactly what they want, and they are ready to go to the very end." Today, Idea of the Nation is represented in 14 regions of Ukraine and counts over 1,000 activists, its leader told The Daily Beast.

How to explain the growing popularity of Nazi symbols in Ukraine? They keep turning up. Ukrainian soldiers have been seen and photographed wearing helmets with swastikas and the letters SS on their helmets.

A spokesmen for the volunteer Azov Battalion, where the symbols are common, eventually denied they are related to Hitler. He insisted that the battalion insignia reminiscent of the Nazi Wolfsangel, symbol of, among others, the 2nd SS Panzer Division that fought the Russians on the Eastern Front, was actually nothing but the crossed letters "N."

In fact, most nationalist and ultra-right youth organizations in Ukraine today use symbols that millions of Ukrainian citizens associate with the Nazi army that occupied and brutalized Ukraine during World War II. And one reason, certainly, is that the much longer and very deadly occupation by the Soviets is also a huge part of the national consciousness. The 1933-34 famine known as the Holodomor—“extermination by hunger”—took the lives of some 4 million people.

On Monday night, a few dozen revolutionary nationalists from another movement, Autonomous Resistance, marched around the streets of Lviv with the red and black flags of the Ukrainian Insurgent Army, or UIA. These were Ukrainian rebels fighting in the woods of western Ukraine, sometimes in alliance with Nazi forces against Soviet soldiers and sometimes against the German army occupying Ukraine.

The activists chanted "Freedom to the people! Glory to Ukraine!" on the way to the monument in Lviv to Stepan Bandera, the UIA leader. To millions of ethnic Russians living in eastern Ukraine, Bandera, who allied himself with Adolf Hitler at times, symbolized ethnic cleansing in the worst years of the Second World War. But to many nationalists he is a hero who tried to protect the interests of his people.

"Just as our grandfathers demanded freedom for Ukraine from foreign empires we demand freedom from Russian occupiers today," said one of the movement's leaders, Yarina Voloshin, wearing a red dress and carrying a black purse.

On the same day, thousands of nationalists marched to Ukraine's parliament in Kiev, led by ultra-right Svoboda party leaders. The nationalists, who clashed with police, demanded the UIA be recognized as Ukraine's national heroes. Dozens of people, including 15 policemen, were injured in those melees, and police detained 50 nationalists who tried to break through rows of security to get into the parliament.

Earlier this week Putin referred to the UIA as a "pro-fascist organization" and condemned Ukraine for glorifying it. Putin also blamed Ukrainian nationalists for attacking the Orthodox Church of the Moscow Patriarchate in Ukraine. "Regrettably, the vaccine against the virus of Nazism produced at the Nuremberg tribunal is losing its original strength in some European countries," Putin told the Serbian daily Politika.

But in Lviv, which is considered the heart of the country's nationalist movements, legislators and the local administration insist the Nazi symbols are not dangerous for the country. "I don't care what flags or symbols they use for as long as they fight for Ukraine's freedom," Vice Governor Vladimir Kharchuk told The Daily
    Beast. To people in western Ukraine, where thousands related to victims of communist repression, the hammer and sickle did not look any less evil than the swastika, yet several organizations still had that insignia on their official documents. "I personally prefer the Ukrainian official flag, and the emblem of Lviv—a kind looking lion—to a Swastika."

But as others have discovered in these times of enormous passions, kindly symbols don’t attract crowds.

14. lannister80 macrumors 6502

lannister80

But what if it's part of their religion, SD? :rolleyes: Can't force them to stop...

15. sim667 macrumors 65816

Excellent post. Its very easy to forget with everything the happens in the middle east now, that eastern europe has had a hugely turmoiled past, torn between communism and facism, with brutal repressive regimes. To the point where the cracks there are still visible if you look. Whilst its easy to be disgusted by this, I'm not surprised..... there's a very fascinating but also very complex history involved in a lot of those eastern block countries.

Unfortunately across parts of europe facism is once again rearing its ugly head as the mixture of EU membership and migration clashes with the issues of austerity..... Where I am in the UK I can now think of 5 facist organisations off the top of my head, most of them imbeciles, but one does even have a council seat now.

This is similar across a lot of other countries....... Basically I'm planning my escape to go live in another country as we speak as I am probably the most liberal person I've ever met...... I'm thinking Iceland.

16. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

‘Miss Hitler 2014′ — Disgraceful Beauty Contest

Ukrainians slavishly groveled and licked nazi boots in 1941. Why not in 2014?

17. noodlemanc macrumors regular

noodlemanc

There are quite a few male Neo-Nazis around the world -- not surprising that there are female Neo-Nazis also.

18. Solomani macrumors 68030

Solomani

It does seem clear that Ukrainian patriots have more hatred of Legacy Communism (Putin is a "legacy commie") than Legacy Fascism (Hitler worship, neo-Nazi movements, etc). In their minds, Communism is the greater of two evils.

So the whole bit with the Ukrainians participating in this Miss Hitler thing is not surprising at all.

What is surprising — and scary — is the part about Israeli youth who also subscribe to this Nazi-adoration stupidity.

19. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Most girls are hairy, bathing in Nair or taking equivalent actions to mislead us. ;)

20. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

..and they must continue to do so.

21. iBlazed macrumors 68000

iBlazed

Yeah I feel like mother nature didn't think that one through...

22. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Shoot, I was a teen before I could acknowledge girls did No.2... &#55357;&#56877; <- the bubble burst. &#55357;&#56841;

23. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Yes. It should be required. Amend the Constitution if need be, but for God's sake keep it clean down in-between.

24. Meister Suspended

Meister

You are right. This doesn't even have anything to do with Nazism. It's just folks trying to get publicity for their paegent. Since everything has been done already they go for: There is no such thing as bad press.

25. 63dot macrumors 603

63dot