Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

srowndedbyh2o

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 28, 2009
Hawaii
I’ve been using “MacRumors” for a long time as a source for Mac news and info, but as I’m looking at getting my first laptop, I’ve just recently started checking out the MacRumors “Buyer’s Guide” and Forums. I think I’m pretty much set on getting an “entry level” 2.4GHz MacBook Pro with the upgrade to a 320GB 7200 HD and 4GB ram. At the Crazy price of $349, I’ll have to pass on the Apple Care.
Anyway, to my question; although I could really use the laptop now, I started to wait when I noticed the MacRumors Buyer’s Guide change to “Buy only if you need it - Approaching the end of a cycle”.
But today (yesterday?) it changed back to
“Recommendation: Neutral - Mid product cycle” . I did not notice any “upgrades” or changes to the MBP’s today, so why the change in the recommendation?

svndmvn

Nov 6, 2007
Italy
the other 2 options for the 15" MBP got updated a few weeks ago and there's no performance gap, since we're in the middle of a product cycle, you are ready to buy and the machine satisfies your needs, go for it, you can also buy Apple Care at a lower price on Ebay, just be careful as usual.

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
If the predictions at MR weren't adjusted based on known information, then I'd say they're useless. Intel's plans have changed, so the predictions should change.

The fact that it changed is a good sign of MacRumours' desire to be somewhat accurate. ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.