£ sign switched with #

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by stressymum, Oct 20, 2014.

1. stressymum macrumors newbie

Since upgrading to Yosemite, I noticed that the £ sign has been switched with # sign on the keyboard. Has anyone noticed it? I have looked in the keyboard input source in System Pref but the British keyboard is installed so I don't understand what the problem is.

Can anyone help?

2. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

Mine had switched (I hadn't noticed until I read this)

For me, the keyboard type in Input Sources had been set to US - I changed this to British and the £ and # are back the right way round again

3. theSeb macrumors 604

theSeb

As above, mine was switched to US keyboard by the upgrade. Change it back in preferences.

4. stressymum thread starter macrumors newbie

This was the first thing I did - changed the Input Source in Sys Pref but it wouldn't revert to £ so after a bit of experimentation, I had to check the "Show Input Menu in Menu Bar" and the US keyboard showed up there. So I then changed it to the British one from the menu bar and now it is working as it should.

Thanks for your replies!

----------

This was the first thing I tried - changed the Input Source in Sys Pref but it wouldn't revert to £ so after a bit of experimentation, I had to check the "Show Input Menu in Menu Bar" and the US keyboard showed up there. So I then changed it to the British one from the menu bar and now it is working as it should.

Thanks for your replies!

5. Alameda macrumors 6502a

Alameda

I see that our attempt to convert you to the dollar have failed once more.