£1 Apple transaction after preorder.

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by tomaustin44, Apr 15, 2015.

1. tomaustin44 macrumors regular

Hi.

Some people seem to have mentioned Apple debiting you card £1 after preordering to validate your payment method. I preordered on the 10th but am yet to see such a transaction on my bank statement. Is anyone else in the same situation? I preordered through the Apple Store App.

Thanks.

2. Wreckus macrumors 6502a

Wreckus

I'm in Canada that pre-ordered that got the 4/24 - may 8 or whatever delivery date and didn't get a pre-charge or authorization yet. But my order hasn't been canceled or declined yet so i'm assuming there's no issue.

3. Vundu macrumors 65816

Vundu

Don't worry it is not always the case. Sometimes it is £0 that you cannot see.

4. tomaustin44 thread starter macrumors regular

Wonderful. Thanks!

5. Mic2904 macrumors 6502

Call the bank. They did this with my card but you won't see the transaction.

6. rossy100 macrumors 6502

I have had £1 debited from my credit card. Didn't actually say Apple on the statement. Just some random set of letters/numbers.

7. BvizioN macrumors 68040

BvizioN

I have used same method as you, paid by Halifax bank card. On the pending transactions is listed the Apple one, with the amount £0.00

8. Me1987 macrumors regular

Me1987

My credit card hasn't actually been debited but is showing a pending transaction of £1. I would think that if Apple weren't able to pre-authorise your payment, they would have cancelled the order by now...

9. /dev/toaster macrumors 68020

/dev/toaster

They don't cancel it right away, they give you a short window to fix it. The window is like a day or two.