£10 for 12 months internet for your iPad!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by DryEyez, Mar 8, 2012.

1. DryEyez macrumors 6502

Hi guys,

Firstly this is for UK customers, it's a £10 pay as you go sim card from T-Mobile UK, which comes with 12 months free internet. It does state that you must use this with an iPhone/Nokia Lumia as it is a micro sim, however, use a sim adapter and this will work fine in your iPad. This is a deal that was posted on HDUK, but I figured with the new iPad release I would post it on here for anyone who doesn't know...link is below...

http://www.t-mobile.co.uk/shop/micro-sim/

2. vito macrumors 6502a

3. vito macrumors 6502a

Thanks btw!!

Just wondering do you have to top it up £10 per mth?

4. dromi macrumors member

awesome how much data per month do you get with this?

5. Lukeyy19 macrumors 6502a

Lukeyy19

don't all generations of the iPad use Micro SIM cards anyway?

Only if you want calls and texts, which don't work on the iPad anyway

500mb

6. DryEyez thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes 500mb per month is correct. And I honestly don't know what sim card iPads use as I don't own one, I assumed they were normal size, but couldn't say. Either way, it will work with the iPad. For £10 for 12 months internet, that's 83 pence per month....bargain.

7. yegon macrumors 68020

This is indeed brilliant. Successfully used it for over 12 months now, onto my second sim now. My only advise would be to make sure you don't exceed the 500mb in a month and draw attention to yourself.

8. Lukeyy19 macrumors 6502a

Lukeyy19

it does state at the bottom:

Please note that the 12 months free internet is for the iPhone 4 only and is not available for the iPad or any other device.

so are you sure it works?

9. DryEyez thread starter macrumors 6502

You don't have to top it up per month, pay T-Mobile £10 for the sim card, and that is it.... no more top ups, nothing, you have internet for a year! I've heard a lot of people have gone over the 500mb data as well with no sought of throttle or penalty.

----------

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/10-payg-t-mobile-micro-sim-with-12-months-free-internet-1144620

Plenty of testimonials there that said it worked, but for £10, I'd give it a try :)

10. Lukeyy19 macrumors 6502a

Lukeyy19

Well i guess that's a bit of a f-up on T-mobiles part then, so yeah for a tenner, you might as well try it if you have a 3G device, people are reporting it working in the PS Vita and other devices too lol.

11. yegon macrumors 68020

It absolutely, definitely works. Some say you need to initially register it in an unlocked iPhone, but I didn't have to do this 14 months ago or in January when I got my second sim.

12. vito macrumors 6502a

I read somewhere that T-Mobile cap the speed, anyone using this SIM please do a speed test,

Many Thanks!

13. amorya macrumors 6502

I bought one of these and have been using it. I got a message today that it's almost out of credit. Therefore it's been using the £10 credit that's on it, and the free data offer doesn't seem to have been applied.

Do I need to do anything to enable the offer?

Amy

14. Azzin macrumors 68040

You need to put it in an iPhone 4/S & then send "FREE 12 MONTH WEB" to 441.

15. striker33 macrumors 65816

striker33

T-Mobile always have capped speeds, no matter what contract you take with them. They are incredibly poor.

But for casual browsing, you cant beat a tenner for a full year.

Just remember that you need and iPhone to activate the year of internet. You cant do it with any other phone, as they use the IMIE number to determine your phone.

16. jellybean macrumors regular

Not from my experience. I took out a sim only plan for my iPhone 4 with them last October, and frequently get in excess of 3 mbps, free tethering, and consistent & v reliable 3G speeds wherever I travel. (Mostly London, Kent and Essex regions.)

17. squirepew macrumors newbie

Mine ordered

Ordered mine to replace my standard pay as you go orange for my new iPad.

18. tarasis macrumors 6502a

tarasis

I got this sim to use with my unlocked 3GS on a recent trip. I hadn't realized the 12 month data thing wasn't automatically added till the last day and tried to activate it but I get Sorry your not eligible :( (far enough it is in a 3GS but still annoying. My 4S is lockd to German T-Mobile/Telekom)

So for now I have 13p left and no Internet till I next return to the UK.

19. amorya macrumors 6502

You say 'activate', does that just mean put the SIM in an iPhone once? Or is there more to it than that?

20. Zxxv Suspended

Wirelessly posted

Does it have to stay in an iPhone, ie can it go in an android for a year once activated or is it just iPhone and iPad? Thanks

21. vito macrumors 6502a

Got mine just before the iPad release.

Popped it into my iPhone 4S, others suggest to text 12 MONTH FREE to 441 to activate the Internet however that did not work, received an error something along the lines of "You're not entitled to that reward".

Gave them a call, which was very difficult as the option to speak to someone is hidden away and they charge you 25p for the privilege in speaking to them :D

They asked for the IMEI of the iPhone, but wanted to know the model too!

The agent was adamant I use it in an iPhone, didn't mention anything about an iPad.

I then sent them a Tweet which actually worked out faster, speeded the process.

Wait until. You get the Free Internet Activated text message.

All done, have to make a chargeable transaction every 6months though as per what the agent instructed.

Speed is capped at ~3.5mb / tested at various locations, work, home, work site 2 in addition to client locations.

They share masts with Three now as per MBNL, my 3 SIM gets around ~7>8mb

Still not bad for casual browsing, and £10/year, can't go wrong :D

22. striker33 macrumors 65816

striker33

Ah right, they must have improved their services a lot then. A couple of years back their data speeds were at around 0.3mbps on average. One of the main reasons I avoided them and went with O2/GiffGaff.