£3,655 iPhone - Sold on Ebay

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by a456, Sep 1, 2008.

1. a456 macrumors 6502a

a456

2. hank-b macrumors member

hank-b

The world was already mad before this. Whether or not this really happened doesn't matter as, even if it did happen, the incremental increase in world-madness would be so small relative to the a priori madness of the world as to make no practical difference.

3. Lau Guest

It'll either be a fake seller or a fake bidder (or both) – there's no way £3,655 is going to change hands for this. If you ever see an auction like this, particularly for scammy things like phones or laptops, that's what it is.

4. StoneColdSober macrumors 6502

Did anyone else notice that though the seller is in the UK, they are advertising the phone as locked to 3 and that in the details below they are saying the current colors are "black and white for the 16 GB and 32 GB?"

Yeah, I say scam. Maybe two scammers hooked up with each other. Wouldn't that be ironic and appropriate.

5. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Well, you know what they say about a fool and his money.

6. Nicolecat macrumors 6502a

Nicolecat

Yup...

I noticed the winning bidder is no longer registered with ebay. :eek:

7. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

8. Nicolecat macrumors 6502a

Nicolecat

Yeah...That is always a toss up. My husband and I bought a radar detector from someone with no feedback history...we purchased it for like $20 with shipping (when, it normally goes for $80-$90). You have to build your history somehow...asking questions, usually helps get a feel for the sellers intentions. We lucked out, it was a great transaction...but at the same time, a $20 bargain is a lot different from laying several thousand $ down on a phone. :eek:

9. Insulin Junkie macrumors 65816

Insulin Junkie

Scammy, but amusing =)
    However if it was real it'd only be marginally more stupid (if indeed more stupid at all) than buying that I am rich app. For that kinda money I expect that app to make me breakfast. Or at least come up with a magic mantra that'll conjure up breakfast for me. >3

10. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

If your iPhone "sold" but you never got paid, then it didn't sell, just like the phone in the OP's title did not sell.

11. ibizarocks macrumors regular

easy dude. he's only painting a picture.

12. iCantwait macrumors 65816

iCantwait

13. ajthomason macrumors 6502