<£300 B&W (or Colour) Laser Printer Recommendations

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by dubhe, Oct 2, 2009.

1. dubhe macrumors 65816

dubhe

My HP 1100A Laser Printer is running out of toner (again) and I am thinking of buying a new printer, rather than replacing the toner.

A couple of reasons, the 1100A prints text just fine but any graphics, such as printing a webpage, are always really faint and low quality.

I would like:

• duplex (both side) printing
    • proper Mac OS X driver (the 1100A has a gutenprint one which I think is the cause of the image problem)
    • relativly cheap toner replacement

Colour not essential, but would be a nice addition.

Your recommendations appreciated :)

2. Bengt77 macrumors 68000

Bengt77

I have the HP LaserJet CP1515n since about a year and think it's really good. It doesn't do duplex by itself, though. For that, you need to manually re-insert the paper in the manual sheet feeder. The driver does recognize this as duplex printing, though. It's just that you need to be at the printer while doing it. Both text and images come out really well. Sharp and with good colours. Also, I really like the size of the printer. I could have gone for an older model that did allow for automated duplex printing, but that printer was huge.

The provided driver is very good. The driver lets you make your own presets, which is very nice. Also, there's a web interface that lets you tweak every little bit of the printer software. Too much for me to bother, but it's nice to know that it's possible. Toner isn't that cheap, but they're big for a relatively good price, therefore I won't complain.

So yeah, I really like my HP LaserJet CP1515n.