£35 :-(

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rivercottage, Oct 5, 2007.

1. rivercottage macrumors member

Just another 02 tarrif rant, its such a shame, i need an iphone, and us brits have waited so patiently..but £35 is a bit silly, and thats for 200 texts which is pretty useless

oh well, there just arent any other decent options :-(

will just have to work a bit more

2. studentmac macrumors regular

Yeah im pretty much in the same boat. £35 is my limit being a student, and with 200 texts, im only allowed to send around 7 a day without having to pay extra.

But on the other hand its ok....ive spoken to the girlfriend and told her I cant text as much because an iphone is very important to me :D
    Also, safari with unlimited data as well as wi-fi is going to come in very handy on campus.

3. miniConvert macrumors 68040

miniConvert

The SMS thing is a bit of a problem. You could always use web-based texting services to avoid having to pay O2's out of bundle rates. This one charges 5p/msg or 4p/msg to existing customers who top up with £40 or more. As it's web based I'd imagine it works in mobile Safari no problem. Those are international rates, too, not just UK.

I'd imagine some iPhone-specific web sms services will appear over time with tariffs like O2's.

4. sananda macrumors 68020

i could never send 200 in a month. i doubt i send 20.

not that i think the £35 is sufficient with only 200 minutes in total.

5. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

For me it's less about texts, more about voice minutes. 200? I ring my girlfriend for about 30 minutes a day since she's at a different uni to me. 200 minutes would fly past and that isn't even taking into account friends and family!

But you get unlimited data which is more important to me. Screw texts when you can email a friend :D and hopefully the iPhone is hacked again and VoIP is released. That would just be perfect.
    Plus I'm on some Vodaphone thing where I get free calls to friends & family numbers. Shame I can't speak to Caroline using an iPhone :eek:

6. rivercottage thread starter macrumors member

Gosh we've waited so long havent we! we've sat here for months reading of those across the pond getting iphones, gosh we've waited so long that we'd probably get one if that tarrif was even higher

Yes its the data thats going to take over anyway i suppose, more emailing should knock down some of that textage..

looking at the tarrifs right now, i may even bump up to the £45 for 600 texts / 600 mins

...got to find a way out of my contract with 3 :-( - or use both!

:)
    RiverCottage

7. emotion macrumors 68040

emotion

They're clearly not pricing the tarriff or the product to appeal to your average student.

8. sananda macrumors 68020

or to your average sananda :D

9. joshysquashy macrumors 6502a

There are so many reasons I shouldn't get an iPhone but I still desperately want to buy it!

The problem is, if I start looking for another phone, nothing compares. I want a phone like the iPhone, and there just isn't one.

Oh well, guess I'll just be a broke student with an iPhone!!!

10. Project macrumors 68020

If you are getting an upgrade, you might be able to snag a better deal. Just call them up and ask about it when you are ready to buy.

11. R.Youden macrumors 68020

R.Youden

I think the only thing they can give you is a free 'bolt-on' which gives you an extra few texts or minutes each month. Not sure though.