£60.00 good will gesture from apple

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by rsnapeuk, Oct 8, 2012.

1. rsnapeuk macrumors regular

Received £60 as part of a goodwill gesture to spend on Apple store, does anyone know whether I can contribute towards that?

2. Jon P D macrumors newbie

If it's on a gift card, then yes you can.

If not I would still assume so, 99% sure.

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Of course, it's a credit. No matter the form, you can certainly buy above that; they'd welcome it. A small investment to them is a very good way to bring you back as a customer. It will also pretty much guarantee that you'll be spending some of your own money; in the end Apple still wins.

4. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

Yes, you can, but be warned that it's not easy. I went to the store every month to add credit to a gift card, and pretty much every time they either had to figure out how to add it to the existing card, or they had to "spend" the card + what I was adding towards another gift card. In the end, you're just better buying just the additional card.

5. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

^ Why would you add credit to the card? I guess if you were using that as a means to "save" for something. I thought the OP wanted to know if he can supplement the gift with his own cash and get something more expensive.

6. rsnapeuk thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah that's true. For some reason we don't have a credit/gift card system at Apple UK for some reason, instead I'm to e-mail the support agent and they process my order.

I'll pop them an e-mail to confirm, many thanks for your help.