Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacSA

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 4, 2003
UK
Hmmm Apple really need to start being a bit more generous with the hardware in their "entry level" computers. As much as I love Apple stuff, charging £919 for a pro laptop with a 160GB hard drive seems a bit obscene. I can get £199 netbooks with the same size hard drives - and now these cheap netbooks are strating to come with £250GB standard.

Hoping we see an update this month - 250GB should be a minimum at that price

thejadedmonkey

macrumors G3
May 28, 2005
Pennsylvania
Hmmm Apple really need to start being a bit more generous with the hardware in their "entry level" computers. As much as I love Apple stuff, charging £919 for a pro laptop with a 160GB hard drive seems a bit obscene. I can get £199 netbooks with the same size hard drives - and now these cheap netbooks are strating to come with £250GB standard.

Hoping we see an update this month - 250GB should be a minimum at that price

Noooo, keep I want it to stay at 160gb so my 2+ year old MBP still feels relevant and young! :p

MacSA

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 4, 2003
UK
oooppps.... meant to say 320GB should be a minimum,

andothfc

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2008
Apple lost their chance to up-sell me because of this.

I've ordered a 27" iMa which will be my main machine so I just needed the cheapest Apple laptop as I won't be using it very often. I was almost ready to spend more than I needed to by getting the base Aluminium 13" but I noticed the 160Gb hard drive is smaller than the stock drive offered with the white macbook.

I'm not a really heavy user but 160gb is too small, especially when you factor in 20 - 30GB for boot camp. So if I went for the Alu MBP I would also have to fork out for a bigger HDD, which made the price jump too large.

I prefer the aluminium design and its backlit keyboard but the spec is in desperate need of a bump to, at the very least, get it on a par with the white macbook.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.