¿how downgrade Apple Watch to 1.0.1?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by joanbcn91, Jun 9, 2015.

1. joanbcn91 macrumors member

joanbcn91

How i can downgrade the Apple watch from 2.0 Beta to 1.0.1? Installing iOS 8?

2. xRYD3Rx macrumors 6502

3. chrisduk macrumors member

I too want to downgrade. none of my contacts sync from iPhone 6 plus (iOS 9) to Apple Watch (OS 2)

4. maverick808 macrumors 65816

maverick808

It states in the install instructions that you can't downgrade.

5. samo350 macrumors member

This version should only be installed on test watches not the one that you are using every day

6. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Perhaps unpairing it to the iPhone with the iOS9 beta, and pair it to an iPhone with iOS8.3 might allow the reinstall of 1.0.1 (speculating here)

7. CellXor10 macrumors regular

Lol, and this is what happens when non-dev's decide they "NEED IT NOW" and splurge the very second that a public beta is available to download.

8. fischersd macrumors 68040

fischersd

Until Apple provides a DFU mode and an interface cable to be able to blast a factory OS back onto the device, I'm not sure anyone should be so haphazard as to be running beta code on their watches.

9. ifarlow macrumors regular

ifarlow

You're preaching to the choir, though. Every time a new OS comes out and a new dev-beta is released, people flock to it like moths to a flame. They don't care that it's a bad idea, that it's not released to the masses for a very good reason, and that they are taking risks that they can't appreciate. They just want it now.

Then, in short order, they complain that their computers or devices don't work, this or that feature is missing or is stupid, that didn't Apple include their pet feature, or that they need help rolling back to a non-beta OS because everything is borked and Apple sucks.

They can't help themselves.

10. Mengels7 macrumors regular

While I can't entirely disagree with you, I am in the camp where I fully understand all of that and am willing to live with the cutting-edge, glitchy, updates, but would downgrade my watch if there were such an option. iOS betas have always said you can't downgrade, and that hasn't truly been the case, so it's a fair question to ask if the watch can be downgraded.

11. CellXor10 macrumors regular

12. tearsen, Jun 10, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2015

tearsen macrumors newbie

please delete post, method seems not to be working.

13. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

Don't think this works. I'm on 2.0, and I had a 1.0.1 backup of my watch. I restored to that "backup", and it still had 2.0 on it.

14. CellXor10 macrumors regular

Well, obviously the key is [apparently] having a 2nd Apple Watch....

15. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

But how would that change anything? There was a restore from a 1.0.1 backup in both mentioned cases. Which watch that came from, shouldn't matter.

16. CellXor10 macrumors regular

Haha, honestly, I have no idea- and it looks like that method doesn't work either way from the update Tearsen just posted.

17. twisted-pixel macrumors 6502a

twisted-pixel

The key is to read the instructions that specifically says you can't downgrade.

18. Twimfy macrumors 6502a

Twimfy

Not too fussed about moving WatchOS back to 1.01 as it's pretty good for me. However I would like to know if WOS2.0 will work with iOS 8.3?

19. CellXor10 macrumors regular

Well considering Watch OS 2.0 beta only works with iOS 9.0 beta, my guess would be no.

20. mrbrown macrumors 6502

Yes, because every developer has another $399 Apple Watch lying around.

Get real.

21. zone23 macrumors 68000

Yes you mean you don't have two iPhones, iPads, Apple Watches, and Macs so you can test out your apps? I feel your pain. I went round and round today with Apple looking for a solution. All I got was a phone number that rings busy 24/7.

22. zone23 macrumors 68000

Exactly my watch hasn't been too bad but my iPhone was having a melt down this morning. Apple Watch 2.0 will not work with anything under iOS9 and you can not downgrade the watch back to 1.0.1. I'm hoping apple is working on something to allow it.

23. quackers82 macrumors 6502

Yeah like the iPhone / iPad ones which say the same ? Yet you can actually go back to iOS 8.....

24. zone23 macrumors 68000

Not looking for an argument but you have either never installed a Beta of iOS or YOU have never read the notes:

• Devices updated to iOS 9 beta can not be restored to earlier versions of iOS. Only registered development devices will be able to upgrade to future beta releases and the final iOS software.
    We all know you can restore back to any version of iOS as long as it is still being signed.

25. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

Exactly. I'd love to put my watch back on 1.0.1 because watchOS 2 is awful! I actually tried to stop it right before the update started but it was too late. Oh well, live and learn.