¿MacBook Pro 13" Core i5 or Core i7?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by OskarLGS, Sep 15, 2011.

1. OskarLGS macrumors newbie

OskarLGS

What i should buy? I'm thinking to buy the Core i7 but is more expensive...

2. eternalife macrumors regular

3. OskarLGS thread starter macrumors newbie

OskarLGS

Umm... I'm have read that the difference between i5-2415M and i7-2620M are 400 MHz and 1 MB. more of lvl3 caché... Both have 2 cores and 4 threads... :S

4. cz9h3d macrumors member

This question for the MBP 13" is asked on here about once a day. The general answer is that the upgrade is not worth it - 10% difference that you won't notice in most usages.

Unless you have the money, don't care about spending it, and you're focused on the 13" for the size - then go ahead!

5. OskarLGS thread starter macrumors newbie

OskarLGS

The 13" model is perfect for me, not a netbook but is small, but not big as a "normal" notebook...

The Core i5 model price is 1403 $ (1011 €) and the Core i7 model price is 1771 $ (1276 €) both with student discount... The refurbished store it's only about 60 $ cheaper.

6. miabadboys macrumors member

miabadboys

I got the Core i7 MBP a couple months ago mainly because paid half the price in gift cards. The only thing negative i can say is does it ever run hot, even when i'm doing nothing more than surfing or watching a podcast, and when the fan comes on.... it sounds like a jet engine starting up. there are a few post of heating issues and im not sure if this affect Core i5 but it might be something to consider. By comparison, my old C2D stays cool in any situation or environment.

7. OskarLGS thread starter macrumors newbie

OskarLGS

My actual MacBook Core2Duo runs at 55-90 Celsius degrees... xD