‘Christian’ Dad Forced 14-Year-Old Daughter To Marry MUCH Older Rapist Who Impregnated Her

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by steve knight, May 26, 2016.

1. steve knight, May 26, 2016
    Last edited: May 26, 2016

steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

I can't tell if the girl had chosen to have sex with the guy not that it really matters.
    actually the lawyer said this
    http://www.addictinginfo.org/2016/0...-much-older-rapist-who-impregnated-her-video/

2. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

3. jkcerda Suspended

jkcerda

ok, few things not clear.
    was she "raped"? or is it called "rape" because of her age & his? in simpler words did she consent to sex but it is legally rape due to her age?
    looks to me like SHE was the one wanting to get married. story is not clear.

4. steve knight thread starter macrumors 68020

steve knight

She is 14 she is not old enough to consent one way or the other. And marrying her off is so wrong it is not even funny. The asshat sad did not even ask for money.

5. bent christian Suspended

bent christian

Christianity: A religion of Peace, Love, and Rape

6. throAU macrumors 601

throAU

Actually according to the old testament it's what should be done.

"If a man happens to meet a virgin who is not pledged to be married and rapes her and they are discovered, he shall pay the girl's father fifty shekels of silver. He must marry the girl, for he has violated (anah) her. He can never divorce her as long as he lives." Deuteronomy 22:28-29 NIV

7. bent christian Suspended

bent christian

Christians are going to come in here and tell you that, somehow, the Old Testament does not apply to them.

8. throAU macrumors 601

throAU

Of course not.

Only the bits that are currently socially acceptable. Because it's the word of god!

9. FieldingMellish Suspended

Here's all you need to know about Steve's choice of reading material.

From the web site's about page: “Addicting Info started as a resource to discredit all the lies and propaganda that the right-wing spreads. “

What you have here is atheist click-bait, bringing out the atheist haters.

10. steve knight thread starter macrumors 68020

steve knight

So instead of saying how bad these guys are you attack the article does this mean you don't mind what they do? Really this is as usual just lame of you.
    If you were not so blind by judgment you would see this came from Fox news. http://q13fox.com/2016/05/24/idaho-...-teen-daughter-sentenced-to-120-days-in-jail/

But see you won't see this from the far right it would make them took bad.

11. jkcerda Suspended

jkcerda

hence the reason I asked, it seems the "rape" was due to her age , she was the one wanting to get married IMHO .
    --- Post Merged, May 26, 2016 ---
    you would have a point if addicting info did not use FAUX news as the source.
    <<<<<<<<<<<<<<< they are using a story from Faux news that is equally slanted.

12. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    Addicting Info is about the closest you can get to a Breitbart of the left. Like Breitbart, nothing it says is entirely a lie, though the truth is usually drowned out by the editorialized spinning and soapboxing.

13. Populism macrumors regular

Populism

So, I'll point out the obvious.

addictinginfo.org bases its "article" on two sources - a Fox31 report, and a TV new report from eastidahonews.com.

I've read the entirety of the Fox31 report, and watched the eastidahonews.com TV news report.

I even used the googles to run a news search on "Keith Strawn" (because I have mad internet skills), and I read the first three articles listed.

Funny thing, not even one mentions Strawn being Christian - no mention of Christianity, God, Bible, seven-headed dragons or virgins or anything.

Nor do they say that he was Muslim, Buddhist, atheist, or a monster truck owner.

So, my question is, where did the Christian thing pop in? Do you know, Steve Knight? Cuz I ain't seeing it.

If I were a bettin' man, based on the way Strawn appears, I'd say he identifies as Christian - probably one of them Bible-thumpin' Baptists.

But that's just me speculatin'. Maybe he's Hindu. Or Muslim. Who knows? Steve - do you?

But the funny (ha ha) thing about it is - based on that limited amount of research - it appears addictinginfo fabricated the Christian part entirely to get page hits by people like Steve Knight and, by extension, PRSI'ers.

Personally, I believe it is improper to prey on people so enslaved to and handicapped by their low-level, blinding hate.

Anywhos, just another reason why I loooooooove me some Steve Knight addictinginfo threads!

Keep 'em comin'!!!

14. HEK macrumors 68030

HEK

Exactly, it's a pick and choose religion just like the rest of them. Book written by goat herders to keep other goat herders in line. It buggers the imagination why 21st century people continue to follow these works of fiction, bible, koran , etc. Try using the brain Darwinian evolution provided you with. If kids were not brainwashed at an early age to believe what their parents were brainwashed into, a lot of progress could be made in living together peacefully. But sadly good luck with that.

15. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    You're a PRSI'er. You clicked the link. STARE INTO THE MIRROR OF UGLY TRUTHS!

16. steve knight thread starter macrumors 68020

steve knight

well glad you pointed this out. not that you care about the content only that Christians were accused.
    seems this great dad let it happen.

Strawn is facing two felony injury to a child charges and one felony charge of accessory to rape. Court records show he allegedly “harbored and protected” Seaton by allowing him to live with his teenage daughter.

Court documents say the girl had a miscarriage in October. She is still legally married to Seaton, but papers have been filed in 7th District Court to annul the marriage.

Strawn and Seaton were both charged in September. Strawn was released from jail on his own recognizance on Sept. 30. Seaton was released from jail on $50,000 bond on Oct. 5.

17. Populism macrumors regular

Populism

What does any of that have to do with Strawn being Muslim, Christian or a princess?

Are you standing by addictinginfo's inexplicable injection of "Christian" - the central foundation of your OP?

18. throAU macrumors 601

throAU

Don't misunderstand me. The actions here are horrific.

The point is however that as a good christian it is quite feasible that he believes that what he did was the correct thing to do, as it was written in god's book.

19. steve knight thread starter macrumors 68020

steve knight

actually this is what prompted it . and it seems that since he did it for religion his lawyer thinks he should do less time for it.

20. Populism macrumors regular

Populism

Excellent!

So, why did addictinginfo and you fabricate the "Christian" part?

I mean, you do realize that there are actual news sources out there, right?

21. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

Because lawyers have never used any angle they can to get their clients leniency.

22. steve knight thread starter macrumors 68020

steve knight

it sells but did they really fabricate it? or just extend it?

23. SLC Flyfishing Suspended

SLC Flyfishing

And George Zimmerman's lawyer said he acted in self defense, do you believe him?

Lawyers make stuff up all the time; its part of their job.

Still I noticed you place the word Christian in quotes, coincidence? I think not.

24. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

Professional and ethical journalism, every last bit of it eking out of this country year after year.

25. Populism macrumors regular

Populism

Hahaha! You're asking us?

This is fantastic. You don't even know whether your worthless thread has meaning, so you ask us.

Rock on, steve knight!

Rock on.