‘Growing Internal Dissent’ in Trump Campaign

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by rdowns, Jun 6, 2016.

1. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Always knew his campaign would eventually implode but didn't think it would happen until the end of summer. How long until some start jumping ship?

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/nbcs-kat...ssent-in-trump-campaign-over-racist-comments/

2. caesarp macrumors 6502a

So basically they want to hide his true persona (or limit it), so the public is fooled into voting for the "new" sanitized Trump? Sure, if you can't win with who you really are, pretend to be something you're not.

3. Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

It has now been almost one full year of ‘Trump is doomed!’ and since that hasn’t worked in the slightest now it’s time to try the ‘infighting and self destruction!’ which won’t work either. In related news: Hillary Clinton will be indicted, I predict it’ll be a 20+ count indictment. And the general election: Trump vs. Bernie.

4. caesarp macrumors 6502a

Either way, Trump loses.

5. Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

It is very likely that Bernie will beat Trump. We’ll see this November.

6. GlenK macrumors 6502a

GlenK

This is all I needed to read: NBC’s Katy Tur reported

7. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

Yes hopfully America will pass the Donald trump turd into the bowl of the hasbeen

8. rdowns thread starter macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Keep the blinders on buddy. The story is true and has legs otherwise Donny wouldn't have tweeted about it so fast. Hilary was right, he is thin skinned.

9. GlenK macrumors 6502a

GlenK

Even with blinders you can see through the mainstream media!!

10. vrDrew macrumors 65816

Trump's inability to build a functioning campaign team is at once encouraging - and deeply troubling.

On the one hand, the sane people among us can take some comfort in the knowledge that Trump's chances of winning the fall election are going to be seriously hurt by the lack of an effective campaign organization. The Trump people have pretty much zero in the way of data analytics; voter outreach; registration drives. I have to compare this with the Obama campaigns of 2008 and 2012; which had not only an army of committed volunteers willing to go out and knock on door - but also a state-of-the-art data analytics operation:

Trump's organization, by way of contrast, seems to be capable of doing little more than printing up bumper stickers and yard signs. It certainly doesn't seem capable of controlling what their candidate says from day to day, or even hour to hour.

The troubling thing about all this is what it portends should the disaster of Trump getting elected comes to pass.

Trump's campaign is the mess it is because he is an authoritarian who has no respect or regard for the opinions or expertise of other people. He ran into problems in his business career (the Trump Shuttle, the Taj Mahal) because of this.

But we cannot have this sort of chaos in the Executive Branch of our Government. We need skilled, knowledgeable,and effective people to fill literally thousands of key Government positions. And Trump has shown a signal lack of ability in recruiting, retaining, and organizing people like that.

11. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

Apparently blinders do prevent people from seeing what an incompetent racist prick Donald trump is, though.

12. GlenK macrumors 6502a

GlenK

Sometimes it's tough to tell who's wearing the blinders.

13. rdowns thread starter macrumors Penryn

rdowns

And Trump's bad week turns into 2 bad weeks. When you lose your biggest MSM cheerleader, your campaign is imploding.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/joe-scarborough-trumps-rhetoric-reminds-me-of-nazi-race-laws/

14. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

So what exactly are you trying to imply?

15. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    You're a brainwashed liberal ignorant of the truth!

...you know, the usual spiel. I still think it's funny how those who rail against yee olde MSM will happily link to any one of the major news sites the moment they post an article critical of Hillary/any other candidate they don't like. But the moment they post something nasty or critical about Trump? Oh, it's just more propaganda from the state run liberal hate machine, pushing their agenda as usual.

It's a very convenient way to dismiss what they don't agree with, a shortcut to sneering derision without having to waste their time debating the merits of the article.

16. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

Sounds like cognitive dissonance to me!

I'm waiting for him to call me a Hillary supporter. Lol.

17. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

blinders.............for both.
    [​IMG]

18. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

image.jpeg

19. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Considering how often Trump contradicts himself, I'd say it's more like a pick-'n-choose, buffet style ideology. Take what you want, ignore the rest!

You' mean you're not? SHUN YOU! :mad:

20. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

Never. Bernie or bust.

I live in a blue state so my vote doesn't really matter. So I can remain on principle and vote for the Bern.

21. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

They're both pompous asses and criminals.

You know the old say that if you don't vote, you can't complain, because you haven't contributed anything to help solve the problem? I think we're now faced with an opposite situation. If I don't vote this election season, I can probably find reason to gloat, no matter who wins.
    --- Post Merged, Jun 6, 2016 ---
    Yeah. Unfortunately, he's not the Democrat nominee, so...mmeeeehhhhh.

22. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Pedro FTW.

23. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

Neither is Hillary yet.

We shall see what happens at the convention. She may be indicted by then.

24. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

The way things are going, I wouldn't be surprised if Hillary isn't indicted until after the nomination. I'm getting this weird impression that everything is being played to the hilt for pure political advantages these days.