‘She’s complicit’: Ivanka Trump torched by ScarJo on ‘SNL’

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jkcerda, Mar 13, 2017.

1. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

https://www.yahoo.com/news/shes-complicit-ivanka-trump-torched-by-scarjo-on-snl-170006866.html
    liberal stupidity knows no bounds.

2. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

I thought it was a funny sketch.

Frankly I don't give a **** what Ivanka has to say, words are cheap.

3. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

I agree that words are cheap. Obama destroyed the value of words with his constant "I" speeches. Trump further devalues words with his constant gaffs and tweets.
    --- Post Merged, Mar 13, 2017 ---
    L.I.A.M.D.

4. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Well, at least you're even handed on it...

5. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

People mischaracterize me all the time. I hate pretty much all political hack lying f*** sticks. But people here often lump me in with rightwingers.

6. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Well that's unfortunate. At least you have excellent taste in guitars.

7. samcraig macrumors P6

I thought the opening sketch was amusing but not the funniest. One or two great lines.
    The rest of SNL was fair to passable. Definitely no big stand out. And surprised how little they really used ScarJo...

The Ivanka commercial was largely a miss. A good tag line. So it would seem they had that end game and then tried to write something around it.

8. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

I''ve always been a Fender guy. Every time I try a Les Paul or some other type I end up returning the next day.

9. A.Goldberg macrumors 68000

A.Goldberg

SNL is such a tired show. They occasionally have funny sketches but most of it is just stupid. Melissa McCarthy as Spicer was hilarious (the first time). This sketch would actually be funny if Ivanka was actually complicit in something nefarious.

I don't watch SNL often, mostly just highlights if anything. It seems to me though they spend too way much time attempting to make fun of Trump. They really should diversify their content. I also don't think Alec Baldwin's Trump impression is anything special. I'm not saying they shouldn't mock Trump, but they have to have some other material too.

10. poloponies macrumors 68030

The complicit reference was to her being commonly referred to as her father's sounding board and the voice of reason, talking him down from insane delusions. She has clearly stopped doing that.

11. Solomani macrumors 68030

Solomani

Honestly, I don't mind Ivanka's presence in the White House. As already reported by numerous sources (including WaPost and CNN), Ivanka is actually one of the few moderating forces that counterbalance to her father's listening to Bat-Sheet-Crazy right-wing ideologues like Bannon.

12. Cole Slaw macrumors 6502a

Cole Slaw

I wonder if SNL can do anything else besides Trump.
    They're at the overload stage, for me, and it's all getting a bit tiring tbh.

13. OriginalAppleGuy macrumors 6502

OriginalAppleGuy

You all do know the definition of Complicit, no?

"Complicity is the participation in a completed criminal act by an accomplice, a partner in the crime who aids or encourages other perpetrators of that crime, and who shared with them an intent to act to complete the crime"

So SNL was effectively calling Ivanka a criminal. SNL has definitely pushed the limit this season. It's their prerogative, but I don't like it.

14. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Maybe it's your ridiculous "Hillary for prison!" signature while ignoring all the shady activity committed by Trump and his cronies in his administration that makes you look like a right wing whackjob.

15. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

She belongs in prison. I work for the DoD (contractor) and see people get stripped of their clearance and lose their jobs for doing much less than she did. I have seen 3 people go to jail for doing less than she did. We have seen signature on the form we all must sign after we are "read in". What she did was wrong and she belongs in prison. End of story.
    --- Post Merged, Mar 14, 2017 ---
    I've also been on record saying we should investigate Trump. I'd be happy with the entirety of congress being thrown in jail, after Hillary.

16. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Gosh I don't remember constant "I" speeches. What were those?

17. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

You're probably traumatized from 8 years of Obama and have repressed the memories. It's understandable.

18. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

So I can assume constant "I" speeches are from your false memories? :)

19. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

Nope. I remember them clearly. I don't repress anything. Too strong.

20. tshrimp, Mar 14, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2017

tshrimp macrumors 6502

tshrimp

Agree with the above. Watch speeches from the past. Notice how presidents usually said "we", but when Obama took over he typically used the word "I", and I think Donald Trump will continue with saying "I". Presidents need to get back to representing "we" (the people, the nation).
    --- Post Merged, Mar 14, 2017 ---
    He is correct here, and it looks like Trump is continuing this trend (but still early). The presidents need to get back to "we". I think this was brought up in a thread years ago.

Example:

"‘I,’ ‘Me,’ ‘My’—Obama Uses First Person Singular 199 Times in Speech"

21. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

Says the guy with ITMFA as an avatar. :p

#resistwemuch

22. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

I agree but Trump is the best thing to happen to SNL in years!

I wish weekend update would find something other than Trump too.

23. Zenithal Suspended

Trump's improved late night show ratings across the board. Having said that, SNL is rather boring to me. I didn't enjoy the Mcarthy tribute to Spicer as much as others did, but the huge piece of chewing gum got a chuck out of me.

24. Solomani macrumors 68030

Solomani

The "Hillary for prison" motto is a defining characteristic for paranoid right-wing whackjobbery.

25. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese