Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

“Siri, ping my iPhone”

• I can see myself using this

• Not needed, my iPhone is attached at the hip

Results are only viewable after voting.

-BigMac-

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
Apr 15, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
Hi guys.

Was just trying to find my iPhone in my room. Then I realised i can just speak to siri.

I asked her “where is my phone”, “ping my phone” and “i cant find my phone”.
None of these phrases did anything useful for me, her voice wasnt loud enough.

My phone was on silent, so calling it did nothing to find it.

Perhaps using a command like “ping my iphone” emits a noise like the Find My iPhone feature, the loud high pitched noise.

Who would find this useful?

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
Apple Watch for the win! I hardly ever misplace my phone, but if I need it quickly and can’t find it, pinging from the Watch is a great feature.

Most of the time my phone gets hidden by a pillow or blanket, so I doubt the microphones would even pick up me asking Siri for help.

johannnn

macrumors 68020
Nov 20, 2009
Sweden
I also use my Apple Watch sometimes for this, it's great!
(on the watch home screen, just drag up from the bottom, and click the phone button)

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
Apple watch is good. I also use TrackR skill enabled on Alexa devices, or "Alexa call my phone"

KGB7

Suspended
Jun 15, 2017
Rockville, MD
There used to be a a device some years back for your keys. You attach it to your key chain and if you couldn’t find your keys, all you had to do is whistle and the device would beep letting you know where your keys are. It was the size of a car key FOB.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.