Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pelea

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 5, 2014
I don't see how five weeks would be that unreasonable, essentially that Apple also tends to under promise and over deliver. iPhone orders could potentially be delivered much sooner.

And they could potentially be delivered much later

Pelea

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 5, 2014
Apples consistency is that much greater over carriers.

I believe you, but this is a question of maths. If they can only make 10000 per day and one million want 1 and they’re out of stock.. well it will take up to 100 days to get it.

mellofello

macrumors 65816
Feb 1, 2011
This seems about on par with all the other preorders. Only one that slipped further was the iPhone 6+, but there was a huge demand for bigger iPhone, and it wasn't being cannibalized by another phone like the iPhone 8.

mantan

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2009
DFW
Nobody knows the numbers yet, so making any declarations about immediate success/failure is silly.

It'll obviously sell well, as most new releases do. And it being in 'short supply' will make it seem like a 'hot item'.

AdonisSMU

macrumors 604
Oct 23, 2010
Nobody knows the numbers yet, so making any declarations about immediate success/failure is silly.

It'll obviously sell well, as most new releases do. And it being in 'short supply' will make it seem like a 'hot item'.
Assuming it's even in short supply and not just a 'hot item'.

USC_Gamecock

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2004
HTX
I don't see how five weeks would be that unreasonable, essentially that Apple also tends to under promise and over deliver. iPhone orders could potentially be delivered much sooner.

I'm hoping so! The store (App and site) didn't open up for me until ~12:16PST. Delivery window 11/17-11/24.

Reactions: 44267547

Damstr

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2016
Just an FYI, last year when I got my 7 Plus I pre ordered it a day before release and it said 2-3 weeks from Apple. I received a week later. They always overestimate on delivery timeframe but rarely underestimate.

Reactions: Gathomblipoob

kormsby

macrumors newbie
Nov 10, 2015
These ship times are very similar to other big launches for Apply. I think it went incredibly smooth for all the speculation on extreme shortages.

Reactions: Rayban

iEnvy

macrumors 65816
Jun 25, 2010
DFW
This was a global launch and most people who really wanted one and took the effort to hit the store when it launched saw dates ranging from launch date to 4 weeks out.

Like others have said, that’s conservative and an overestimate on Apple’s end as they tend to deliver on their promises.

If you waited 30 minutes or longer expecting to get one of the most anticipated iPhone since the original 6 on launch day, then you’re delusional imo. Despite errors, the store was up at least 5 minutes after 12:01 EST. 5 weeks out wasn’t until much later.

Pelea

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 5, 2014
This was a global launch and most people who really wanted one and took the effort to hit the store when it launched saw dates ranging from launch date to 4 weeks out.

Like others have said, that’s conservative and an overestimate on Apple’s end as they tend to deliver on their promises.

If you waited 30 minutes or longer expecting to get one of the most anticipated iPhone since the original 6 on launch day, then you’re delusional imo. Despite errors, the store was up at least 5 minutes after 12:01 EST. 5 weeks out wasn’t until much later.

If you read the title, 5 weeks out was within the first 30 Minutes

iEnvy

macrumors 65816
Jun 25, 2010
DFW
If you read the title, 5 weeks out was within the first 30 Minutes
I did and that wasn’t true at all. You read forums and other threads instead of making a ****post, then you know that to be true.

Even on MacRumors, there are people who ordered an HOUR, granted this is 64 GB, and still received 11/3.

Suggest you read my post fully and other threads before commenting.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.