“iPhone Storage Almost full” notification.

Discussion in 'iOS 11' started by kiensoy, Aug 27, 2018.

1. kiensoy macrumors member

I know I’m running low on storage. I don’t need a red dot showing on the settings icon. If I open settings and decline getting more iCloud space the red dot goes away for a few minutes then it’s back again insisting to get iCloud storage. Sooo annoying. I will clean up my phone when I want, and get more space when I feel like it. No need to shove iCloud storage plans on my face every time.

2. robin932 macrumors newbie

robin932

Try loading "Hearthstone" to free up some space.

3. tdhurst macrumors 68040

tdhurst

It’s designed for people who don’t know how to do that.

4. DrBrush macrumors newbie

Couldn't agree more. Does anyone know of any way of turning off this notification?

5. eclipse01 macrumors 68020

eclipse01

Completely agree, I like being on the borderline of my 5gb.

6. BornAgainMac macrumors 603

BornAgainMac

I saw a youtube video of someone recommending using Google's photo cloud storage instead of iCloud to solve this and with no cost for unlimited photos. This assumes photos is what is using a lot of disk space on your iPhone.

Here is the video

7. DrBrush macrumors newbie

There are a hundred ways that I could remove content from my phone. That's not really the point. I have around 4 Gb free, and am happy with that. I don't want to remove content from my phone, but I also don't want to have a constant message saying that my phone storage is almost full. Why can't I simply turn off that notification?

8. kiensoy thread starter macrumors member

Exactly. I like using most of my storage. I don’t see the point on having lots of unused space. I do empty my phone if I will be going on a trip where I need space for photos and video etc. but other than that I’m fine with my phone almost full.

9. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

10. cynics macrumors G4

I completely understand your gripe however I'm curious how much storage you have left on your iPhone?