“Received my iPhone X!” Thread

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by allthingsapple!, Nov 2, 2017.

1. allthingsapple! macrumors regular

I’m not sure if there is another thread like this or not as I was not able to find one when I searched the forum so if there is my sincerest apologies!

Just thought it’d be fun to share when our phones arrive today considering it is iPhone X day!

2. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

Pics or it happened and you didn’t take pics.

3. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

He just wants to be the thread starter....

4. allthingsapple! thread starter macrumors regular

I didn’t say I personally received it yet I was saying I think it’d be fun to post when we all did receive them hence the name of the thread “received my iPhone X”. Does anyone actually read the original posts or do you guys just automatically make assumptions? Yes, my intention was to start a thread to create a place where we could all post when we received our phones. As I said “I thought it would be fun to share when our phones arrived”. I could see how the title can be misleading but I wasn’t sure what else to call it so if you have any suggestions feel free to share.

5. MacBreezy macrumors regular

MacBreezy

Why is it that everyone’s a Richard while they hide behind a keyboard and troll other people. This person started a legit thread.

And all you are doing is hoping random people on the internet will think you are clever and toss you a ”like”...

6. allthingsapple! thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you for understand my original post and actually taking the time to read it. I was just excited like most of us here and just wanted a place for us to post our excitement. I’ve since put the title in quotations to lessen any potential confusion.

7. Jackorias macrumors member

Jackorias

Got mine! It’s a beautiful phone.

Messed up on my end by updating my 6S to iOS 11.1 yesterday, so had to set up my X as a new phone, update it and then restore from backup.

The phone has a really premium feel to it, the screen is gorgeous and I think the size is perfect (people coming from a plus may feel differently about that though.)

The camera on this is miles better than my 6S as well.

Attached Files:

8. geoff5093 macrumors 68020

geoff5093

Someone didn't read the OP

9. allthingsapple! thread starter macrumors regular

That’s awesome!! Congratulations!! I’m glad you were able to restore from backup and didn’t lose all of your data. That’s happened to me before and would’ve been horrible.
    --- Post Merged, Nov 3, 2017 ---
    My point exactly haha :rolleyes:

10. Jackorias macrumors member

Jackorias

It warned me about both phones being on different versions of iOS and luckily was only an extra 5-10 minutes of setup!

This is the first time I’ve set up an iPhone from backup, and I’m amazed. All the apps were instantly logged on once they’d downloaded to my X!

11. 1Zach1 macrumors 65816

1Zach1

I'll happily spam the forum with this!. Picked it up from a UPS CC earlier today. I'm at work so I won't be able to set it up until I get home this evening. First time ordering directly from Apple, so I'm assuming I just transfer the SIMs from out iPhone 7s into these.
    [​IMG]

12. allthingsapple! thread starter macrumors regular

Woohoo!!! Congrats!! I got the message that mine was delivered but I won’t be home to open it until later. It's gonna be a loooong day for me!

13. AdonisSMU macrumors 604

14. LD Curb macrumors 6502

LD Curb

There is another thread like this (posted later) and possibly even more ... I hope they can be merged ....

15. Packers1958 macrumors 65816

Glad I decided not to update my current iPhone to 11.1. Should be a breeze for me.
    --- Post Merged, Nov 3, 2017 ---
    Yep, just transfer the sim cards. Congrats!

16. lordofthereef, Nov 3, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2017

lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

I wasn’t trolling for a second lol. He wanted to be thread starter. It’s obvious. There’s no substance to the post otherwise. Wasn’t being clever. But whatever makes you feel good, I guess.

17. tdar macrumors 6502a

I have mine and the activation servers are so slammed that we can't even finish the setup. So if you are forced to wait that might be a good thing.

18. allthingsapple! thread starter macrumors regular

1. I'm not a male.
    2. If wanting a place for people to post the excitement of when they received their phones constitutes me wanting to be a "thread starter" then okay?? I'm not getting your point.

19. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

I simply made an observation as a response to someone asking (more like demanding) for pictures. Nothing more. There’s absolutely nothing wrong with the thread. Some people apparently viewed my comment negatively.

Sorry for the gender mixup. I wish the English language had no gender pronouns. It would be so much easier for posts like this. I’m always at a constant battle with using the term “they” incorrectly versus just defaulting to “he” or “him”, which is also incorrect half the time.

20. pbaker103 macrumors member

picked mine up at 8AM. very impressed with the phone so far. Face ID is working even better than i thought it would, even outside in sunlight.

21. allthingsapple! thread starter macrumors regular

I did, originally, view your post as negative and if it wasn't intended to be negative I apologize for interpreting it that way. As I stated before I just wanted someplace for others, like myself, to post their excitement because I know when I do get home to my X in a couple of hours I'm going to be very excited to share my experience. When you said my post had no substance to it, I thought you were saying my post was pointless but what I think you were trying to say was that there was nothing wrong with the post. My apologies, sorry for any confusion caused. I've since renamed the thread by adding quotation marks to hopefully ease any potential confusion to others as well.

22. rdavis41 macrumors regular

rdavis41

Picked mine up this morning from UPS CC, to which employees were there and said it was the busiest they had been in years for pickups.

INITIAL THOUGHTS:
    This thing feels and looks premium. If you put it next to a Samsung Note 8, the Note will look very cheap IMO (the Note8 is still a good phone in my opinion.) I like the added weight despite the size difference going from a PLUS to an X. Face ID is beyond simple to use and set up.

INITIAL CRITICISM: This phone runs HOT!! Hopefully it's the fact that I'm restoring from iCloud but the back of the phone is quite warm, warmer than I've noticed from any other apple phone. Might also feel this way due to the new form factor with the battery unit itself being larger and extending across a larger surface area.

I'll post pics later if I can. Might run back to the Apple Store and pick up a folio.

23. allthingsapple! thread starter macrumors regular

Congrats! Let me know how you like the folio. I picked up my ultraviolet silicone yesterday and I love the color of it. I can't wait to put it on when I get home. Hopefully the heat of the phone was just because of the backup...yikessss

24. TedJustAdmitit macrumors 6502

TedJustAdmitit

Got mine and cannot restore from backup. Corrupt and incompatibility errors.

25. allthingsapple! thread starter macrumors regular

Oh no that sucks :/ But on the bright side...at least you have your phone! :)