“The iPhone X AIP Advantage”

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jrd123, Oct 9, 2017.

1. Jrd123, Oct 9, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2017

Jrd123 Suspended

As some may remember from the iPhone 8 release, Apple allowed for those already on the Apple Upgrade Program the ability to get pre-approved for their purchase and simply open the app and complete their orders with one click. I confirmed with an Apple rep that the same will be true for the iPhone X, with the special page opening a few days before 10/27. Nice to know Apple is taking care of it’s most loyal (arguably) customers and giving them a key advantage! This one-click option is arguably faster than even setting the phone to your favorites, according to two family members who ordered the 8 both ways.

Here is the image of my chat with the Apple rep: https://s1.postimg.org/6nmd8oey33/C4_C2_B694-_B5_D8-4454-_B885-04342851506_D.png
    --- Post Merged, Oct 9, 2017 ---
    And sorry about the quality of that screenshot, it killed the size of the photo when I uploaded it.

2. eyoungren macrumors Core

eyoungren

Apple will always champion and present the best and fastest possible ways to spend your money on their product.

I have no doubt that if you decide you want to buy more than one Apple will happily accomodate you.

3. Jrd123 thread starter Suspended

I think you missed the point of the thread... it had nothing to do with the quantity ordered.

4. eyoungren macrumors Core

eyoungren

No, I didn't miss the point.

You are posting this because you genuinely like the fact that Apple is taking care of long term customers by providing them with an advantage over the casual customer (my term) in purchasing the new phone when it goes on preorder.

I simply stated that Apple will always work to make taking your money easier.

My comment about quantity was simply an addition, but it's true. Apple will always be open to taking more of your money if you want to buy more than one item.

5. DNichter macrumors G3

DNichter

That's cool. I have always wanted to switch off my Verizon upgrade plan, but they make it too difficult.

6. Knowimagination macrumors 68000

Knowimagination

And how is this different from any other company?

It is convenient that apple give IUP members an easier time making a purchase that they were already going to make. Not every company gives advantages to previous purchasers.

7. Diorama macrumors 6502a

I think you may have slightly missed the point actually. Plenty of companies don’t look after existing customers properly and seem to take the view that $100 is $100, leaving loyal customers in the lurch.

What the OP was trying to say is that it is nice (for the customer) that the existing customer is looked after.
    Sure take the cynical interpretation, of course Apple wants repeat customers to stay happy and therefore continue being cu$tomer$, but a lot of companies seem to have a blind spot in this regard.

8. eyoungren macrumors Core

eyoungren

It's not.

Which is why my post was a little (okay a lot ) sarcastic.

It's nice that Apple is doing this for those customers it's applicable to. But it's no different than any other company that decides to offer this type of thing for long term or special category customers. So this doesn't make Apple special as this thread seems to imply. As such, I'm not sure it rises to the level of making a thread about it.

If you are this type of Apple customer and a MR registered member, this is something you know already.
    Yes it is nice.

But other companies also do this. Apple is not unique.

9. Jrd123 thread starter Suspended

You poor, confused soul. You still missed the point completely. See you on the 27th.

10. Lobwedgephil macrumors 601

Lobwedgephil

FYI, it is IUP, iPhone Upgrade Program, not AIP.

11. sketdansuu macrumors member

sketdansuu

12. eyoungren macrumors Core

eyoungren

Well, I will be on the forum on the 27th, but I'm sticking with my iPhone 6s+ until it's paid off and then we upgrade to Android. Didn't want the 7+, don't want the 8+ and definetely do NOT want the X.

13. Jrd123 thread starter Suspended

Great point, my apologies
    Sounds like a good plan to me

14. JTravers macrumors 6502a

This is nice to hear. Sounds like Apple is making sure its upgrade program is as seamless as possible. Thanks for the info.

Thanks for contributing useful information to an IUP thread, lol.

15. The Game 161 macrumors P6

The Game 161

guess it makes sense as they will want to push those to take out the apple upgrade program.

I will be doing this and ordering with EE and seeing what comes first..I'm expecting through apple will be quicker