 Oregon iPhone 7

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by Bhavinjpatel89, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Bhavinjpatel89 macrumors newbie

Bhavinjpatel89

So im curios if  will be allowing line ups at the Oregon stores? Last year they didn't allow it, they had a reservation system...

Does anyone have an insight on how its going to work this year?

2. F1Fan macrumors member

F1Fan

I have no insight as to the line up process, but since my ship date from Apple is Oct 4-10, I was thinking of going to Pioneer Place Apple Store early Friday morning to try to get one. I imagine they would allow line ups given that there was no reservation system. I was not able to even choose in store pick up for my order (at any of the PDX stores) which is odd.

What I'm struggling with is exactly how early to go. I don't need to be first in line, but I also don't want to go at 6 am only to find 500 people in line already with no chance of getting a phone. So wondering do I need to be there at 2 am? 4 am? 6 am? 7? I have no idea

3. fusconed macrumors member

They didn't allow lines last year because Oregon was a hotspot for overseas exports due to having no sales tax and the phones were unlocked. Since that's the same criteria I expect there won't be any lines permitted for the foreseeable future.