watch + iMac?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by iBighouse, Jun 20, 2015.

1. iBighouse macrumors 6502a

iBighouse

Are there any apps out there for the Mac that allow for any interplay between the watch and a Mac? Seems a shame that they're part of the same ecosystem, yet they don't seem to be too connected.

2. Newtons Apple macrumors G5

Newtons Apple

None that I am aware of. You iMac might see the AW Bluetooth but would not know what to do with it with out drivers. The watch is made to mirror the iPhone.

3. Aniseedvan macrumors 6502a

Only thing I use is MacID, to unlock my Mac, which works pretty well.

4. Knightcastle macrumors regular

Knightcastle

What exactly do you want to be connected? There is no benefit to the two being connected. The watch won't gain anything from being connected to a Mac that it doesn't already get from being connected to a phone.

5. fischersd macrumors 68040

fischersd

In the case of my mac mini, it's connected to my Pioneer AV receiver and is also my HTPC (rather than using an ATV) - it's enjoyable browsing on my 65" plasma. :)

I use the remote app on the watch to control my iTunes on the mini. (and, before anyone asks - the artwork is just a vague, distant coloured square in the background of the remote app - I wouldn't expect nor need it otherwise) :)

Oh...and I want Apple to do up the Activities app for the mac, so I can see nice graphs of my history on a decently sized screen (as opposed to iPhone).

6. iBighouse thread starter macrumors 6502a

iBighouse

Well, for instance, I think it might be really cool if I could use my watch face as a trackpad...

7. Honey Badger macrumors 6502a

Honey Badger

Well, you can to some degree using the Remote app on the watch and pairing it with your computer.

8. Honey Badger macrumors 6502a

Honey Badger