watch + iMac?

iBighouse

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 11, 2012
Are there any apps out there for the Mac that allow for any interplay between the watch and a Mac? Seems a shame that they're part of the same ecosystem, yet they don't seem to be too connected.

Knightcastle

macrumors 6502
Apr 25, 2015
What exactly do you want to be connected? There is no benefit to the two being connected. The watch won't gain anything from being connected to a Mac that it doesn't already get from being connected to a phone.

fischersd

macrumors 601
Oct 23, 2014
Vancouver, BC, Canada
In the case of my mac mini, it's connected to my Pioneer AV receiver and is also my HTPC (rather than using an ATV) - it's enjoyable browsing on my 65" plasma. :)

I use the remote app on the watch to control my iTunes on the mini. (and, before anyone asks - the artwork is just a vague, distant coloured square in the background of the remote app - I wouldn't expect nor need it otherwise) :)

Oh...and I want Apple to do up the Activities app for the mac, so I can see nice graphs of my history on a decently sized screen (as opposed to iPhone).

iBighouse

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 11, 2012
Well, for instance, I think it might be really cool if I could use my watch face as a trackpad...