Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cancelled
Original poster
Apr 16, 2020
Has something changed on the site in the last couple of days that might affect the 2 step verification in Safari? On my Mac, I'm unable to get past the verification code step. I'm posting this from my iPad where I'm still logged in. I turned off Private Relay and Adblock, rebooted Safari, cleared the history, and multiple login attempts to confirm the verification code result in the title message.

I use the Monterey/Safari code generator and it's worked very well up until the last day or so. I clear my web history often so log back in a few times a week with no issues. I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing this issue. I'm not sure what else to try.

E86985CC-2C68-40F0-B88B-97ED33EE1723.jpeg

Last edited:

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
I don’t believe anything has changed but it can look into it some more

Cancelled
Original poster
Apr 16, 2020
Thanks, Arn. On my iPad I disabled MR verification code, and re-set it up using the MR provided code, not the OCR. On the last MR confirm step where it asks for the new verification code, I copied and pasted it from Settings > Passwords, but then got the error "This action is available via POST only. Please press the back button and try again."

So now I can't re-enable this functionality. This was working beautifully until a couple days ago, and nothing else on my iPad or Mac has changed. I prefer not to use Authy, and I guess for now I'll use the email method.

Last edited:

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
I just re-setup two factor for my account without issue.

Can you make sure the time on your iPad or whichever device is set properly? That sometimes can cause issues.

arn

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.