$0.99 Movie of the week not $0.99

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Sussman, Feb 28, 2008.

1. Sussman macrumors member

I first noticed the $0.99 movie of the week last week (with "the Hours" as the movie) and rented it. I think this is a great idea from Apple but when I looked today there was a banner in the Movies section of the iTunes store that said "the Ghost and the Darkness $0.99 movie of the week," so I clicked on it and it took me to the movie's page but it said it was $2.99 to rent. I'm wondering if anyone else is having this problem. I hope they fix this.

2. Kamera RAWr macrumors 65816

Kamera RAWr

I also noticed this. I've been trying to download it anyway for the past few hours and it keeps saying that the file is being "modified", blah. Says to try again later. I have to leave for work soon, if doesn't get modified, I'll miss this deal. :confused:

3. LizKat macrumors 68030

LizKat

I just tried it now and still says being modified.... maybe they are trying to figure out how many servers to deploy.

I like that we can rent movies for 99c that we might like to buy but are't sure.

Like with last week's The Hours, I wasn't really sure about even renting for regular rental price, but I enjoyed it and especially how the stories intertwined... now I am thinking of buying it.

4. theBB macrumors 68020

theBB

That movie is available as a free streaming video on Netflix and the reviews are atrocious.

5. kflakes15 macrumors newbie

what a rip off. If it says .99 it should be .99

6. LizKat macrumors 68030

LizKat

Well anyway a bunch of us must be willing to check it out. I'm downloading it now and it says it's going to take more than three hours to complete. Usually I can get a movie down in far less time!

Remind me to wait until further into the 99c timeframe next week ;)

Update: it only took a couple hours but I'm still gonna wait next time until like Saturday afternoon or Sunday morning!

7. Sussman thread starter macrumors member

Now says $0.99

iTunes store now says the Ghost and the Darkness is $0.99. Haven't tried downloading yet because not on a fast internet, but it probably works.

8. honeycrisp macrumors regular

Another reason why I'm weary of renting!