01 Day 08 Hours 08 Minutes away. Going to get Crazy in here!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Technarchy, Sep 10, 2012.

1. Technarchy, Sep 10, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2012

Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

We are down to the wire here. iPhone 5 is almost upon us.

With the reveal so close expect to see all kinds of bizarre and outlandish speculation right up until the reveal.

Also expect every psychotic Apple hating troll under the sun to ramp up their campaign of stupidity. The shills will be crawling out of the woodwork in full force, so stand ready. It's going to be crazy for the next few hours.

On the upside...iPhone 5 should be released by the end next week. We'll be pre-ordering by Friday.

Anyone else starting to feel the anticipation?

2. cyks macrumors 68020

cyks

I'm beginning to feel the 'Wasteland' starting to stress. With so many threads going there, it has to be reaching it's breaking point soon.

3. TreyCox macrumors regular

I just watched the iPhone 4s keynote so atleast I know this years can't be as underwhelming as that one. Im excited, though. I get my iPhone 5 in November.

4. nfl46 macrumors 603

Honestly, I'm not that excited anymore because of all the leaks. We pretty much know the ins and out of the iPhone 5. And I'm not too interested in the iPods. Just give us the official date so I can get in line.

5. cyks macrumors 68020

cyks

If the rumors are to be trusted, we know most of the outs, but very little about the ins.

6. Technarchy thread starter macrumors 603

Technarchy

Funny you should mention it;

I watched the first iPhone keynote this weekend and the Bill Gates & Steve Jobs All this D conference.

And the iPhone 4S launch always seem somber to me, for obvious reasons.

7. nfl46 macrumors 603

Well, the true, but we do know some of the ins. They have booted up the iPhone 5, so we know some of the parts...and some of them are given. We just don't know specifics, like how many MP the camera will have...etc.

8. aztooh macrumors 6502a

Very ironic.

It's a mobile device that won't do anything that other like devices on the market are already doing---not some life altering new concept. The 'trolls' come out because people are still counting down the minutes until the reveal.

9. TreyCox macrumors regular

I agree. I watched the original iPhone keynote and iPhone 4 keynote a few months back. Steve put on an amazing presentation.

One thing to note though is that its pretty obvious that the senior executives knew of Steve's state at the time of the keynote last year. I'm sure that affected it a lot.

10. cdmoore74 macrumors 68020

This will be Apple's last chance to steal me away from Android. For the last two years I've been disappointed with the late arrival of the iPhone on Verizon and with the iPhone 4S. Maybe if I started with AT&T I would have been a long time iPhone user. But if the leaks are true a 4" display is not good enough no matter what they pack inside. I don't want a slightly stretched 4 inch iPhone for the next 2 years (minimum). I will watch the event on Wednesday but I have this feeling a Verizon Galaxy Note 2 will be my next phone.

11. King Shady macrumors 6502

King Shady

Not a bad choice, but I'd wait out on the next Nexus.

12. SpyderBite macrumors 65816

SpyderBite

Technically, there is an event on Wednesday. There is no confirmation that it is going to have anything to do with an iPhone.

13. OneMike macrumors 601

OneMike

Can't even lie. As much as I love my Samsung Galaxy S3. And as much as I said it wouldn't happen.

I know I'm getting the new iPhone :D

14. Technarchy thread starter macrumors 603

Technarchy

Technically true, but many are hopeful.

15. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

It's usually about this time it's best to step away from the forum until launch. :p

16. troop231 macrumors 603

Agreed man! Will see you all in a couple of weeks! lol :p

17. KentuckyHouse macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

I'm the exact same way. Love my S3 and GNex, but I just know I'll end up with the new iPhone eventually. LOL.

18. HeyGreggie macrumors 65816

HeyGreggie

Just feel bad because I sold my iphone 4s today, so I'm shipping it to the buyer Wednesday morning prior to the conference.

Which means.. I have to be stuck with a Motorola Droid 1 for at least a week while I wait for it to be released.

I'm going to unjailbreak tomorrow night & backup my phone completely. Reading all the speculations and all of the coverage should hold me over for a week though.

19. AustinIllini macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

You mean you don't like helping "macrumors newbies" rip off all the major cell carriers?

20. nostresshere macrumors 68030

Speculation has been going on for a long time. Okay.

But can someone tell me why there are thousands of NEW posts asking questions about how to upgrade, order, pricing, etc.... when we all know it will not be known until Wednesday. Even worse.... they can not even read the very same questions asked by another idiot 20 minutes earlier.

21. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

Lol, get used to it. They will repost and repost and NOBODY will check for an existing post or read the guide. This place is about to get extremely annoying. :eek:

22. linkgx1 macrumors 65816

I'm ready for the hypocrisy to start!:p

----------

Been thinking about adding another line and getting the GS3....but I MUST wait for Apple's sweet potato pie to see what it's going to be.

23. Technarchy thread starter macrumors 603

Technarchy

Are you ready for deluge of "I'm so glad I didn't wait and got my brand x phone"?

24. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

:eek: