Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lastic

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 19, 2016
North of the HellHole
My Tiger TiBook doesn't have X-Code or Macports but did have the previous Mplayer - I overwrote it with 1.3 and it works perfectly :)

And does SMTube 18.9 from the first post work with the OSD enabled MPlayer ?

I'm asking because my just compiled SMTube 18.11 on Tiger gives me an issue and I think it's due to my qt4-mac install.

Lastic

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 19, 2016
North of the HellHole
Yes, it does. I haven't installed the new Mplayer on my Leopard systems because OSD isn't that crucial to me.

Ok then I'm certain that my qt4-mac MPKG install on Tiger screwed things up, and to make it worse I completely screwed up my Macports install trying to resolve that so will have to reinstall Tiger and everything from scratch again, sigh ... somewhere this week, have to focus on other stuff now.

SadMacs

macrumors newbie
Feb 23, 2019
From looking the .mpkg of qt4, lcms2 is installed instead of lcms. The problem is that it looks for liblcms.1.dylib but the object's pathname is liblcms2.2.dylib. This terminal command should suffice(with appropriate priviledge level):

Code:
ln -s /opt/local/lib/liblcms2.dylib /opt/local/lib/liblcms.1.dylib

If there's more unfound symbols it should all be reasonably similar except if something is really missing in the package.

One small trick to reduce the bundle size would be to remove docs/examples/manpages. Static libs or headers aren't needed in cases like this one either, but they're often lesser in size to bother with.

If the complain about lcms persists, it may be preferable to package an earlier lcms, I guess.
Can anybody help me my terminal says permission denied
[doublepost=1550929669][/doublepost]
Trying to insert sudo command install lcms. Command not found

Lastic

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 19, 2016
North of the HellHole
[doublepost=1550929669][/doublepost]
Trying to insert sudo command install lcms. Command not found

I think you are trying this but without sudo in your Terminal.

sudo ln -s /opt/local/lib/liblcms2.dylib /opt/local/lib/liblcms.1.dylib

Not sure what you are referring to in your 2nd comment , if you use the MPKG files , you shouldn't have to install
lcms ( or lcms2) but just for info the correct command is sudo port install lcms which again is totally unecessary if you are installing from my 1st post.

SadMacs

macrumors newbie
Feb 23, 2019
I think you are trying this but without sudo in your Terminal.

sudo ln -s /opt/local/lib/liblcms2.dylib /opt/local/lib/liblcms.1.dylib

Not sure what you are referring to in your 2nd comment , if you use the MPKG files , you shouldn't have to install
lcms ( or lcms2) but just for info the correct command is sudo port install lcms which again is totally unecessary if you are installing from my 1st post.
I'm sorry. I did really messed the terminal commands. By the way, it's my first time here so I'm still trying to figure out everything. Thank you pal.

Lastic

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 19, 2016
North of the HellHole
I'm sorry. I did really messed the terminal commands. By the way, it's my first time here so I'm still trying to figure out everything. Thank you pal.

No need to apologize, this Terminal stuff can be quite confusing.

Welcome to the forum, did you get it working ?

If not please let me know what steps you did , then we can figure it out together.

SadMacs

macrumors newbie
Feb 23, 2019
No need to apologize, this Terminal stuff can be quite confusing.

Welcome to the forum, did you get it working ?

If not please let me know what steps you did , then we can figure it out together.
Yeah. Everything went well. I did the "sudo" thing and it's working now.

I'm using an ibook g4 mid 2005. 480p works great and 720p works fine.. able to play but all of a sudden sound stutter then video hang creating lag to the system. 480p is more than enough though.

Glad I was able to revive my old mac. This forum helped a lot.

Looking forward to more threads

Lastic

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 19, 2016
North of the HellHole
Yeah. Everything went well. I did the "sudo" thing and it's working now.

I'm using an ibook g4 mid 2005. 480p works great and 720p works fine.. able to play but all of a sudden sound stutter then video hang creating lag to the system. 480p is more than enough though.

Glad I was able to revive my old mac. This forum helped a lot.

Looking forward to more threads

720p playback really depends on your machine.
Better Performance on Charger helps and also in the Edit Player, Mplayer , Parameters are you using these :

%u -title %t -framedrop -cache 8192 -lavdopts skiploopfilter=all:skipframe=nonref -really-quiet

Those might help for 720p playback.

Happy to hear that another PPC mac has been made usefull again.

kencu

macrumors member
Jan 23, 2019
Hi lastic. Just FYI I brought in the other application from that group, smplayer, and you should be able to install that via macports as well now. It's basically a GUI for mplayer (and mpv). It works reasonably -- will need a little tweaking still to get it just right -- but I thought you might be interested given your interest in smtube.

Reactions: Lastic

Lastic

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 19, 2016
North of the HellHole
Hi lastic. Just FYI I brought in the other application from that group, smplayer, and you should be able to install that via macports as well now. It's basically a GUI for mplayer (and mpv). It works reasonably -- will need a little tweaking still to get it just right -- but I thought you might be interested given your interest in smtube.

Sounds good, will have a look, I had it installed via source but preferred the sleekness of mplayer without GUI.

If I ever get around it, I want to start create a Portfile for vpcs and gradually start from there to create a port for GNS3 on PPC.

mrkapqa

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2012
Italy, Bolzano/Bozen
Hello ,

thank you very very much for this project it is highly appreciated.

The error i get is:

Terminal type `unknown' is not defined.

I had already Mplayer installed via MacPorts on Tiger (MMiniG4) and followed your rooutine here.
It functions beautifully on PowerMac G5 running Leopard (with the updated guide from 2019).
Is this one here still functional or is the error on my side?
[doublepost=1563371283][/doublepost]RetrieveYoutubeUrl::findPreferredUrl: chosen_quality: 43
RetrieveYoutubeUrl::finish: p_url: "https://r2---sn-fpoq-4agl.googlevid...CIH6s-WYwvliiuerLScjmKxo57MUqrrR3mjHtmAj_II_4"
BrowserWindow::eek:penYTUrl: "https://r2---sn-fpoq-4agl.googlevid...CIH6s-WYwvliiuerLScjmKxo57MUqrrR3mjHtmAj_II_4"
BrowserWindow::eek:penYTUrl: filename: "Alipi Naydenov - Buon Compleanno, Maestro!.webm"
BrowserWindow::eek:penYTUrl: command: "/opt/local/bin/mplayer "https://r2---sn-fpoq-4agl.googlevid...CIH6s-WYwvliiuerLScjmKxo57MUqrrR3mjHtmAj_II_4" -title "Alipi Naydenov - Buon Compleanno, Maestro! - YouTube" -framedrop -cache 8192 -lavdopts skiploopfilter=all:skipframe=nonref -really-quiet "

Dronecatcher

macrumors 603
Jun 17, 2014
Lincolnshire, UK
Is this one here still functional or is the error on my side?

All I can offer is the video you referenced plays fine on my system - make sure you have the latest version of SMTube.

Picture 1.jpg

mrkapqa

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2012
Italy, Bolzano/Bozen
Thanks, somewhere i must have erred,

the version installed of SMTube is 18.9 and Mplayer states
MPlayer 1.3.0-4.2.1 (C) 2000-2016 MPlayer Team
224 audio & 451 video codecs

Dronecatcher

macrumors 603
Jun 17, 2014
Lincolnshire, UK
Thanks, somewhere i must have erred,

the version installed of SMTube is 18.9 and Mplayer states
224 audio & 451 video codecs

Current version of SMTube is at 19.6.0 - but that's only for Leopard on here - I do believe you can install the current version for Tiger via Macports - @Lastic will be able to confirm this.

mrkapqa

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2012
Italy, Bolzano/Bozen
Ok, i will try this, thankms.
Unfortunately i just deleted the whole MacProrts installation to see if this makes a difference - after re-installation of Qt-mac and Mplayer+OSD 1.3.0_3

i am getting

and the same error "
"

when trying to playbck on SMTube.

Maybe it could be related to Perlbrew or the Version 18,.9 is indeed somehow no more able to provide the playback.
Lets see if an updated SmTube is installable on this MacMiniG4.

Lastic

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 19, 2016
North of the HellHole
No luck yet getting the newer SMTube version updated in Macports, after 4 days of compiling and reinstalling and starting from scratch on Leopard I gave up for now , so the compiled newer version is currently only available on Leopard.

As I'm moving in a new desk, the past week, all my PowerPC's still havent' been installed, maybe this weekend or next week I can try again to start a brand new Tiger install from scratch and manually compile the newer version.

Lastic

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 19, 2016
North of the HellHole

The issue wasn't that the website doesn't work but Qt4 wasn't doing anything, I had a blank window and manually entering the website didn't do anything.

But completely removing my Macports install on Tiger and reinstalling the Qt4.8.7 Tiger MPKG from the 1st post resolved the issue, now compiling SMTube 19.6.0 ...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.