02 - if you haven't got a tracking no by 6pm 2nite ur not getting one!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gregrichards, Jul 10, 2008.

1. gregrichards macrumors member

Hi

Am not happy, yesterday was told your credit check has been passed the phone is in the warehouse waiting to be despatched. You WILL have it either Friday or Saturday.

Today phoned to see if the iphone is coming tomorrow was told the iphone is still being processed, if you haven't had a tracking number by 6pm tonight you are NOT getting one. You would probably be as well waiting in line 2mor.

I'm starting to reconsider moving to 02 now.

2. MacMalv macrumors regular

Oh GOD....come O2 get it together!!! I will be fuming if i don't get it tomorrow, as i ordered it at 8.30 in the morni whats ng! the point of pre ordering if you don't get it before or on the day.

3. gregrichards thread starter macrumors member

I started my order at 08:02 and finished it at 08:15. I have an order number & several emails. I'd like to know why people who ordered in the afternoon are having their's processed before me.

If the tracking number doesn't arrive by 6pm o2 are in trouble.

4. Aravintht macrumors 6502a

its 6pm

still no text

guess im not getting it!

i f***ing hate o2!!

5. 03sho macrumors 6502a

Did your order get completed?

6. Aravintht macrumors 6502a

in progress

7. Aravintht macrumors 6502a

i cant even cancel it

o2 systems are down - just called now

8. deniser macrumors 6502

deniser

Everyone send them back en mass. Then re order giving them more work to do :p:rolleyes::p

9. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

They did actually recover on a remarkable number of messed up and Failover page orders and got them to DHL for delivery tomorrow. Condolences to all those who got their orders messed up, but while O2's IT team clearly cocked it all up on Monday, the company has done a great job of trying to put things right.

10. 03sho macrumors 6502a

So people who have tracking numbers NOW are guaranteed to get one delivered tomorrow?

11. Aravintht macrumors 6502a

i strongly disagree!

all they've done is take my money and give me an order number

no emails, texts or even now at 6:10pm, when i ordered at 7.54am on Monday have i even received any form of contact to say im not getting it!

sorry i dont mean to moan at you, but seriously im going crazy at the moment!

12. ariprotheroe macrumors member

Good Luck....

Somebody explain...how when I placed my order at before 08:10 and I have a mail at 08:12 confirming the order. I don't get my order tomorrow, when it is suppose to be first come first served. Lottery comes to mind!

I'll get mine in the next week.....so pissed

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

13. Kerching macrumors member

I am sorry i have been lied to all day by this great company you refer to.

I have been told on 4 seperate occasions i would get one delivered tomorrow - and just had a phone call back from some drone reading from a script telling me about the 13,000 orders per second etc...That they had secured me an iPhone but wouldn't be able to deliver it till the 18th as they didn't have it in stock.... so how does that mean they have secured me one?

14. Aravintht macrumors 6502a

im just waiting for that call!

the person on the end of that line is going to wish they never called!

15. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    As someone whose order was 'recovered', I'd agree with this. Clearly, the customer services teams at O2 have been running around doing as best they can and pleasantly surprising some folks. They've at least attempted to make lemonade out of the sour fruits of Monday.

I can appreciate that as much as they've overdelivered to the lucky 'failover' group, it's got to be frustrating for those who got their order numbers and thought they were guaranteed early on Monday morning. I know I'd be fuming although unfortunately, we don't know why. Was it an internal error on their servers (which wouldn't surprise me given the load) or has there been some problem with processing the order itself in terms of payment/contract details?

I do hope those of you who have been disappointed do manage to get your iPhones as quickly as possible and that O2 do something credit-wise to assuage you somewhat. But having worked with customer services in the past, please don't just take it out on the poor operators. It's not their fault and they'll have very few options open to them.