02 Upgrade Confusion

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by digmo, Jul 5, 2008.

1. digmo macrumors member

Having asked about 5 different )2 employees I have been told a range of different things about next Friday. 2 have told me I can queue to upgade and 3 said it can only be done online.

Does anyone actually know what is happening for iPhone upgrade customers next Friday ?

David
    www.digmo.co.uk

2. philgilder macrumors 68000

3. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

They changed the plan. They were going to set up people's contracts bar signing and activating. O2 changed it's mind, and told stores and CW.
    Doens't seem that there will be much more on Monday, unless Apple intends to drop some more information on us. O2 stores don't know of anything on Monday, unless they're going to tell them sometime between now and Monday morning.

4. digmo thread starter macrumors member

SO are you saying you think we can get it on Friday if we are upgrading... we queue like everyone else ?

David

5. razorianfly macrumors 65816

razorianfly

The o2 website states the 'early' upgrade offer for existing iPhone customers is only available online.

Read into that how you will, but I think you'll have to order online and wait for o2 to deliver.

R-Fly

6. digmo thread starter macrumors member

Which I was happy with until stores started saying you could queue and get it on the day. There is so much info out there it is too confusing http://www.digmo.co.uk/mobile/iphone-uk-confusion-continues/

David

7. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

If you want the 3G iPhone on Friday, my advise is go in and get it from an O2 shop. Going in at 7.02am and you'll be one of the first to have the new handset.

Subject to O2 changing there mind again, the simplest thing is just picking it up on the day, if you desparately want it Friday. If you don't mind waiting, feel free! ;)

8. joshysquashy macrumors 6502a

I think the issue is whether current iPhone customers can upgrade early instore, or if it is online ONLY. It might be that only new customers who aren't tied to a contract can buy instore.

On the website it says online at o2.co.uk only, but many of us would prefer to get it on the day!

I sold my iPhone, so I am iPhone-less :( really miss my iPhone!

9. digmo thread starter macrumors member

10. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

Gotcha. I'd imagine it's worth a punt.

I'd imagine that they haven't updated the website yet since the changes. How could it be an early upgrade if not 11th July? As it says, all you'll need to do is agree to a new 18 month contract.

I'd imagine you just turn up,and get re-signed up - it's v. easy for them to create a new contract. In all fairness, Apple usually only supplies concrete details once somethings out. We're just getting a man in the middle Chinese Whispers version of this.

11. yogamonkey macrumors 6502

yogamonkey

Early upgrade simply means we are being given the option to upgrade before we normally would as o2 customers. Doesn't mean earlier than July 11.

I was told today in o2 Lakeside that current iPhone customers will not be dealt with in-store and that we have to sort it all out online and get it delivered. The manager was very clear about that.

Granted, they may just have read a misquoted rumour on the internet, but still if that's what they are telling people like me who desperately want a new upgraded phone, it's hardly good business practice. If I wasn't such a nerdy fanboy I would just take the o2 manager's word for it and wait for something to happen. As it is, I'm more optimistic about being able to walk in on Friday and upgrade.

Am I naive?

12. DenniZ macrumors 6502a

errr well the website says this ... http://www.o2.co.uk/iphone/existingiphonecustomers

And all the CPW and O2 stores I have spoken to are quite oblivious to this page on the internet, the person serving me at the O2 store wouldn't even look at it when I offered to show him it. He said I would need to come into store.