08´ MacBook not charing, not AC/Battery related.

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by olof.he, Aug 15, 2011.

1. olof.he macrumors newbie

I'm trying to get GFs Macbook from 2008 to work. About one year ago it stopped charging. We bought a new battery, and it worked for a while, now the new battery is not charging.
    I plugged in both of her batteries into my macbook, and they charged up.
    Tried using two different AC-adapters. No change. Any ideas?

Also, her adapter has one of the metal pigs a bit "inserted" not sticking out as much as the 3 others, it feels like its a bit loose, not always connecting properly. Could this have damaged the macbook in some way, resulting in the charger to stop working. Also, I've used an 85W adapter, on her macbook, but that should'nt really matter? Or could that stronger adapter have damaged her macbook?

I tried searching here and google for more to read about this, but most threads are about the battery not charing, in this case it seems like its something else.

2. Detrius macrumors 68000

If you've verified both adapters and the batteries with your machine, then all that's left is the machine itself, and there are three parts to it: the magsafe board, the logic board, and the battery board. It's highly unlikely that it's the magsafe board, but it is possible.