[1.1.3] My phone locked up, now in Recovery Mode

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by djearlybird, Feb 2, 2008.

1. djearlybird macrumors regular

So last night I was browsing in Safari, and the phone locked up. I couldn't power off, so i held in both the sleep & home buttons. The screen showed a cord pointing towards itunes. The only option iTunes gives me is to restore, but i've never hit that button before, so I am worried. I also tried opening independence, to see if that would kick it out of recovery mode, and all i get is this error "Unsupported version of phone firmware installed.
    Detected version is 1.1.3" Basically I need suggestions on what to do, because it was working just fine all week, and now this. What should I do?

2. polishmacuser macrumors 6502a

polishmacuser

did you hack your phone? Nothing bad will happen its just a restore but you will have to resync your whole phone. Its just a pain to resync i guess but nothign bad. But if you want it jailbroken then your gonna have to downgrade which is a pain. But restoring is fine thats why its there lol :D

3. djearlybird thread starter macrumors regular

i'm jailbroken on t-mobile, using the dev teams method

4. polishmacuser macrumors 6502a

polishmacuser

aha then ya your gonna have a pain. you have to restore then jailbreak again. :( it sucks but if nothing can kick the iphone out of recovery mode then well there you go.

5. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Are there ways to kick it out of Recovery Mode? I ask because my 1.0.2 iPhone's stuck there, as well.

6. djearlybird thread starter macrumors regular

Indepence does on lower firmware versions, just not 1.1.3, thats really the only way, unless your on a PC, then its iBrickr

7. djearlybird thread starter macrumors regular

Suggestions on how to go about this?

8. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Okay. That's what I thought, as well. Only, when I start it up, it says, "Error registering from callbacks for iPhone." Tanj in torment does that mean?!

9. polishmacuser macrumors 6502a

polishmacuser

yes sadly for 1.1.3 its not supported and the sad thing is that the more we go into firmwares the more screwed we are bleh :( and on 1.0.2 is easy just restore and jailbreak its the easiest thing to jailbreak so i would do it. I understand 1.13 its a pain to jailbreak that process :(