1.1.3 (w/ Software Upgrade) -- Intermittent Unresposiveness of Touch Screen?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by hardercore, Jan 21, 2008.

1. hardercore macrumors newbie

Has anyone else had an issue, since updating to 1.1.3 with the 5 Apps on their iPod Touch, where sometimes the touch screen only responds to your fingers for a couple minutes, before becoming completely unresponsive, but then coming back later if you continue tapping the icon enough?

If so, how would you fix it? I thought it may have been in issue with having too much content on the iPod for the processor to deal with, but I deleted some music and it's still exhibiting the same problems. Anyone have any suggestions before resorting to taking it to the Apple store?

2. ndowd macrumors newbie

Same Problem here

I upgraded my Ipod touch to 1.1.3 and, just like the previous post, my screen becomes unresponsive every couple of seconds. I thought at first it may be an issue with the wifi, so I dsabled it, but I'm still experiencing the same issue. Any help with this would be great. I'll continue searching the web and see if I can find any other posts, I'll make sure I update mine if I find anything.

3. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

yep, when its in locked mode, and you double press the home button, sometimes the play/pause, FF, RW, buttons don't work, and i have to wait a little bit for it to work....

and i never had a prob with this on 1.1.2

4. jman2003 macrumors member

I am having the same problem. I have had this before, but that time the screen was broken and was replaced.

5. Marciomvf macrumors newbie

Same problem

Same problem here since i've upgraded to 1.1.3.
    I have an Acer laptop with Windows Vista Home Premium, and i couldn't restore the ipod on it.
    Then i tried to do the same on my pc with XP. It restored, but the issue remained. I tried to restore 3 more times without success.
    I called phone support and the guy said to me that i have to replace it because it's a malfunction from factory.
    The thing is i live in Brazil and i expect to wait about 3 months to get a new one:mad:
    If anybody have another way to fix it please help!!!
    Thanks