Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

EnderTW

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 30, 2007
I just bought it. I have two issues, wondering if I should exchange it.

1) I notice that sometimes when I click or simply just run my thumb over the button, it makes a clicky noise. I am not pressing the button down, it's hard to explain.

2) Look at the upper left corner of the screen. Does it feel like the screen is slanted like \ but not as extreme? Maybe it's an optical illusion, but the lcd screen doesn't seem to be fit properly into the bezel, like it's shifted a little slanted. From the corner where the Apple button is located it's like it's pushed up.

Other then that, a great computer.

maxsmacs

macrumors regular
Oct 19, 2005
SK
Mine does the same thing. It's the right side of the mouse. I'm thinking of bringing it in to show someone. Also, the top plastic bar just under the screen (on the hinge) is not flush in with the metal.

EnderTW

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 30, 2007
Mine does the same thing. It's the right side of the mouse. I'm thinking of bringing it in to show someone. Also, the top plastic bar just under the screen (on the hinge) is not flush in with the metal.

I don't know. Now that I had it for more than one day, I think I "worked it in" because it is no longer clicking like it was. Hopefully that was it.

My screen also has the lines, it's very apparent when you do like a solid white color bacgkround through desktop/screen saver preferences.

It's not noticeable in other usages, maybe sometimes at night when I am viewing these forums (predominately white backgrounds). Other then that the screen is perfect.

EnderTW

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 30, 2007
Update: I went into the office today and sure enough it started again. Took it to the Apple store to get it replaced.

Got a new MBA, the screen doesn't look slanted in the bezel and the button is almost flushed against the body, it's really nice. no clicky clicky.

MBair is niccce..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.