%1 Battery Life.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by misterjay, Sep 21, 2012.

1. misterjay macrumors regular

Well.. to make the story short,

I've been stuck on %1 battery life for the past well let's just say.. good twenty minutes or so. I mean that's quite amazing but is something wrong with my phone or something?

I'm waiting to drain the phone so I can fully charge it back up.. and it wont drain. Lol.

2. Cubeeless macrumors regular

Cubeeless

3. TSX macrumors 68030

TSX

4. foolycooly macrumors newbie

+1 battery has been at 1% for about 30 minutes. Very strange.

5. SanjeevRana macrumors 6502a

SanjeevRana

It's the same battery life as 4s ... I get 2% per hour with all push stuff on ...

Same life as 4s is actually good considering larger screen , faster CPU, etc etc

No need for calibration ... Use it normal for about 4-5 hours and then it will drain normally

6. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

It's because the battery calibration is off - As in, the battery isn't actually at 1% charge, but the sensors aren't sensing the capacity properly, so the battery indicator isn't tell you the right percentage. It's happened to me before :)

7. tntdean macrumors newbie

Is it best to let battery drain all the way and then charge completely? Not sure if that is necessary?

8. lelisa13p macrumors 68000

lelisa13p

Heck, at 1% I'd just plug it in. Seriously. :)

Apple battery care recommends deep discharging battery once a month but I'm not sure that's necessary. Newer batteries don't like it.

9. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

The battery meter is off. To calibrate the meter you need to run it all the way down till it shuts off and charge it till you see a plug on the battery icon.

10. HXGuy macrumors 68000

Same happened to me...got down to 1% and it literally stayed there for at least 2 hours! I'm sure it's a calibration issue...I got the phone with about 60% charge, charged it to 100% and then depleted it. It's not plugged in for a full charge over night.